Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FAL Para Conversion

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Question FAL Para Conversion

Ive been wanting to add a Para stock to my FAL for a few months now... I'm a Very Very DIY kind of guy, so I don't think it can be too hard. I just need a little direction here.

This is my one complaint about the FAL rifle: Its shielded behind a curtian of mistery!!! There is Very little info on the FAL on the internet... Its nothing like the AR-15, M1a, and so on. There is just not alot of info on the rifle, and what info there is, Its not very well put together. (sorry to hate a little)

__________________________________________________ ______

SO, here is the deal, I have a few questions:

Is there a step by step DIY FAL Para 'conversion' page on the interwebs?

Im guessing I need at a minimum a Para Top cover, Spring/spacer kit, Para Bolt, And a Para stock... Anything else???

Whats the deal with the front nose? Can I grind it in with my dermel tool? or should I just get a Top cover without??

Whats the deal with the rear sight? is it because it sticks out past the lower? can I work around this or do in need a new lower?

Whats the absolute cheapest one could do this conversion for?

Thanks!!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Since you are posting this question here I assume you haven't discovered FNFAL.com / The FAL Files

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks for the link, but Fal Files suck! It takes 30min just to log in, I have a hard time searching for a Step by step thread (i dont even know if there is one) For whatever reason, I cant click on anything on the left side of the link you provided...

I just want an easy Step 1, Step 2, Step 3 kind of thing...

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

If you convert to a Fal conversion you will need to buy a lower with the stock, also you will need the top cover, bolt and carrier. you can use the rest of parts from your old lower.
    Can't remember about the rear sight, as it's been several years since I did my conversion.If I remember correct, the cost is around $500.00.
    Of all the 308's I like the FN Fal most. GOOD LUCK
    Your in my Mind, and in my Sights

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

If you do some searches on this forum you'll see some answers to your questions... has definitely been asked before

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Seems like he's in too much of a hurry to do searches or even finish logging into falfiles.

Just wants to be spoonfed the answers I guess.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by iansstud View Post
    Thanks for the link, but Fal Files suck! It takes 30min just to log in, I have a hard time searching for a Step by step thread (i dont even know if there is one) For whatever reason, I cant click on anything on the left side of the link you provided...

I just want an easy Step 1, Step 2, Step 3 kind of thing...
    The only thing functioning on that page is the link to the Forums, the links on the left have been dead for years. Dunno why they never updated it....

Here's some good info on the receiver mods and pics of the parts:

The FAL Files Forums - A really STUPID para kit questionm (receiver mods required?)

DSA has complete kits for converting, some have the nose that needs the receiver cut, some don't. If you buy the kit all you need to do is swap lowers, the carrier and topcover/recoil assembly. The Paras use a special short sight that doesn't overhang the lower.

SA58/FAL Products-D S Arms

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Kernel, thanks for the help!!! Just what I was looking for...

Eyegun, sorry to ask a few questions... Jeez

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I think he's just a little touchy since you asked the same question last October

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

pookie, I did ask a some similar questions 6mo ago... I had some more specific questions about the 'nose', and if there was a guide for this... I still have not found a guide that show's all the steps together. There is just not a page that has a guide to this, Maybe I will make a guide of what parts, places to get them, how to install them and so on...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.