Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Are Black Friday Riots A Preview Of The Civil Unrest That Is Coming When Society Brea

  1. #1
    GuncoHolic Black Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    4,274
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

    Default Are Black Friday Riots A Preview Of The Civil Unrest That Is Coming When Society Brea

    Are Black Friday Riots A Preview Of The Civil Unrest That Is Coming When Society Breaks Down?



    If Americans will trample one another just to save a few dollars on a television, what will they do when society breaks down and the survival of their families is at stake? Once in a while an event comes along that gives us a peek into what life could be like when the thin veneer of civilization that we all take for granted is stripped away. For example, when Hurricane Sandy hit New York and New Jersey there was rampant looting and within days people were digging around in supermarket dumpsters looking for food. Sadly, "Black Friday" also gives us a look at how crazed the American people can be when given the opportunity. This year was no exception. Once again we saw large crowds of frenzied shoppers push, shove, scratch, claw, bite and trample one another just to save a few bucks on cheap foreign-made goods. And of course most retailers seem to be encouraging this type of behavior. Most of them actually want people frothing at the mouth and willing to fight one another to buy their goods. But is this kind of "me first" mentality really something that we want to foster as a society? If people are willing to riot to save money on a cell phone, what would they be willing to do to feed their families? Are the Black Friday riots a very small preview of the civil unrest that is coming when society eventually breaks down? (Read More....)

    Are Black Friday Riots A Preview Of The Civil Unrest That Is Coming When Society Breaks Down?
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin


  2. #2
    Gunco Addicted for life j427x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,349
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

    Default

    you know i have been wanting one of those big flat screens for years.

    hell i still got one of those old TVs with the picture tube--i think it is a 25"

    anyway i find all kinds of deals like 32" FS for $199 and so on.

    but every time i pull that credit card out i think --now what have i got to watch on the tube that is worth $200+ shipping?

    every time i turn that 'devil-box " on there are gays going at it, opras fat ass, rosies fat ass, obamma telling a lie, or some economist telling me how the economy is booming.

    about all that ever plays on it these days in the weather channel --generally with the sound off.

    a big screen ain't gonna go all that much for the weather map---

    a TV only has value if there is good programming to watch, the garbage the networks are spewing out today makes TV sets a nearly giveaway item.


    i saw on the net somewhere where garbage men were finding flat screen tv's in the garbage bins --at first the police thought they were hot. as it turns out the TV were thrown away because the people who lived there were kicked out and the home had been re-poed by the bank .

    you see the HOMELESS SHELTER would not let them take personal items over a certain size---

  3. #3
    White Cracker 4thIDvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swamp Florida
    Posts
    12,327
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

    Default Yes... Idots out there shopping. Plan ahead fools..

    I hate shopping to begin with.. I hate crowds. I hate screaming unattended kids. I hate trying to figure out prices.. I hate 90 year old ladies smashing my ankles with their carts.. I hate idiots who fight over a "Black Friday" discount.
    I hate my girlfriend who does the shopping, she always gets cash back on my debit card, I friggen hate that..
    I hate going shopping and their is one register open, with 40 people in line, I hate them too..
    I hate coupons.
    I hate so much I hate myself.. I even hate hate..
    Nitwits beating each other to save a few pennies, I hate them..
    I will come back too this post, I hate it when I can't think..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781


  4. #4
    Happy Camper hcpookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    7,700
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

    Default

    "Haters gonna hate!"

    Yeah I hear ya 4th! Holiday shopping has gone from ridiculous to just plain stupid. I think those holiday shopping movies would be funnier if they weren't so true!
    Gunco Member #10

    http://pookieweb.net


    The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm


    Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

  5. #5
    Gunco Good ole boy tanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    5,353
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    I hate shopping to begin with.. I hate crowds. I hate screaming unattended kids. I hate trying to figure out prices.. I hate 90 year old ladies smashing my ankles with their carts.. I hate idiots who fight over a "Black Friday" discount.
    I hate my girlfriend who does the shopping, she always gets cash back on my debit card, I friggen hate that..
    I hate going shopping and their is one register open, with 40 people in line, I hate them too..
    I hate coupons.
    I hate so much I hate myself.. I even hate hate..
    Nitwits beating each other to save a few pennies, I hate them..
    I will come back too this post, I hate it when I can't think..
    This is the best holiday rant I've ever read!
    Thanks 4th, now I don't feel so bad for hating so many things about the 'holiday season'

  6. #6
    GuncoHolic BBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,180
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

    Default

    Thanks Tim..you just made my day!!

  7. #7
    Administrator sniper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Was Germany, now Ohio
    Posts
    6,641
    Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

    Default

    4th - you always seem to have a way with words brother.

    As for shopping the black Friday discounts (or cyber Monday discounts) - I just shop from the comfort of my home with the computer. Saves a lot of time. If I can't get the black Friday price online - then I really don't need it. Shopping online is better than fighting the crowds.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

  8. #8
    Gunco Addicted for life j427x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,349
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by sniper69 View Post
    4th - you always seem to have a way with words brother.

    As for shopping the black Friday discounts (or cyber Monday discounts) - I just shop from the comfort of my home with the computer. Saves a lot of time. If I can't get the black Friday price online - then I really don't need it. Shopping online is better than fighting the crowds.
    =1!!

    most of the things i like to buy ain't in "the gap" anyway--

    little brown truck can arrive here "free shipping" saves a lot of expensive gasoline too--

  9. #9
    BANNED FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,458
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    The trampliing and crowds for Black friday sales are nothing new. It has been going on for years and even before those idiotic sales began there were pushy violent people shopping for their Christmas "Have to Have" gifts. Anyone remember "tickle me elmo" or "cabbage patch dolls"? People were literally ripping boxes out of other people's hands to get one of those for their kids. Christmas spirit? Yeah right.

    The world has always had, and always will have, selfish, greedy, uncouth, barabaric assholes and some of them are Christmas shoppers on a rampage. I call them Noel Terrorists!!

    As for me, I try to shop in off hours, middle of the week, when the crowds are smaller and the lunatics haven't arisen from their icy graves to stalk the aisles of my favorite shopping haunts!!

  10. #10
    GuncoHolic 2ndAmendican's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Taylors, S.C.
    Posts
    4,765
    Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    The trampliing and crowds for Black friday sales are nothing new. It has been going on for years and even before those idiotic sales began there were pushy violent people shopping for their Christmas "Have to Have" gifts. Anyone remember "tickle me elmo" or "cabbage patch dolls"? People were literally ripping boxes out of other people's hands to get one of those for their kids. Christmas spirit? Yeah right.

    The world has always had, and always will have, selfish, greedy, uncouth, barabaric assholes and some of them are Christmas shoppers on a rampage. I call them Noel Terrorists!!

    As for me, I try to shop in off hours, middle of the week, when the crowds are smaller and the lunatics haven't arisen from their icy graves to stalk the aisles of my favorite shopping haunts!!
    Yeah, the best time I ever had Christmas shopping was at about 2 or 3 in the morning at a local 24 hour Super WalMart. Probably wasn't 50 people in the whole building, employees included. It was sooo nice. Definitely very quiet and mellow.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

    "If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •