Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Spiker build

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Chinese Spiker build

Saw this kit come up on another forum, and always wanted a Spiker so just had to get it.
    This kit came with a Turbothis produced 1.6mm 80% fully heat treated shell, correct rivets (the small ones are .170", and the large are .183"), center support, and basically everything I needed except for a tapco G2 double hook, US muzzle nut, sling, mag lock, and a US follower for the Chinese mag.
    The build was a challenge since the 6mm barrel pin was soft metal, and installed like a standard rear trunnion rivet (shattered a hardened steel barrel pin pressing pin trying to press it out), and the heads of the larger rivets are almost 3/8" diameter (made custom bucking bars for them).

Here's the results>>>

And the spike

Test fire is on Monday (hopefully), and I will post a pic of my target after I get her sighted in.

Every time I think I am done with building the AK platform something comes around I just cannot resist.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I'm glad you couldn't resist this one

As usual, another nice build
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Question

nicoroshi. Beautiful. Excellent work..
    I love my Chinese AK.s But one of mine has the low selector stop there at the trigger guard.. It looks the same as yours..
    The rest have a higher stub.. Did yours come with your kit.. I have the higher stub to put on, but wondering if some of them are built with lower stubs?
    Very very nice job. Thank you in advance.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

Nice build!!!
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score

Man, thats a beauty! Your hard work and ingenuity has really paid off. How does she shoot?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

4th,
    The selector stop was actually one of the tall ones that was cut down. I shaped it to work with the Chinese selector I bought for this kit based on a picture of a spiker Chinese rifle I saw that was in service.

Whitestag,
    I honestly don't know. Will hopefully be shooting her for the first time tomorrow afternoon. I will make sure I post a pic of my target if I am able to make it to the range.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

This sucks!! For some reason lately I can't see Nico's pics. I just get a red "X" instead of a pic. Nico always has top quality, beautiful builds though, so I know it's georgous.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nicoroshi View Post
    4th,
    The selector stop was actually one of the tall ones that was cut down. I shaped it to work with the Chinese selector I bought for this kit based on a picture of a spiker Chinese rifle I saw that was in service.

Whitestag,
    I honestly don't know. Will hopefully be shooting her for the first time tomorrow afternoon. I will make sure I post a pic of my target if I am able to make it to the range.
    Thank you, interesting.. Taller tab puts it into what would have been their full auto mode. Good idea on the Chinese part.. No fumbling in the dark.
    Damn. Those are few and far between now.. Fetch a pretty penny...
    Seems like yesterday when I was calling "Global."
    "We have cases of under-folding bayo. front sights for the Chinese, how many you need?"
    Ah I will get back with you guys. Pain in the ass changing that front sight.
    Oh my God if I only knew.. Pre computer. They had a small catalog, but loads of Chinese parts..
    kernel keeps promising he is almost done with his time warp machine..
    I think he is funnin me.
    Excellent job on that, for real.. Let me know when your ready to sell.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default whitestag97

Quote Originally Posted by whitestag97 View Post
    Man, thats a beauty! Your hard work and ingenuity has really paid off. How does she shoot?
    My eyesight is going and my right arm can barley lift a 16 ouncer.
    But in the right hands and eyes, the Chinese AKs are kick ass nice..
    Just before the ban on the Chinese weapons kicked in, they mass produced a lot of low grade AKs to rush for sale.. Nice but not top quality..
    Think they were going for $110 and they tossed in a free drum..
    China has produced a lot of junk products. But one thing they did not skimp on, my .02, was their AKs..
    Cold war days, Russia stepped in and helped them set up shop to manufacture.
    They made improvements, thicker receiver, tab me and Nico are talking about..
    Good barrels, double hood trigger system, etc..
    Others have their opinions, but I love my Chinese AKs..
    My Yugos I rate number one.. Damn things are so heavy, if you run out of ammo, you can use them as a bat..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Agree with my milled Yugos being in a league of their own when it comes to AKs but the Chinese is a close second IMHO.

Took her to the range today to sight in, and test fire.
    ~120 down the pipe flawlessly.
    cycle was as smooth as my milled guns with felt recoil being less than my AKMs but slightly more than the milled Yugos.
    Very manageable, and a pleasure to shoot.

Here's 10 shot with iron sights at 50 yards just resting on the mag (no bags).

I say she's a keeper.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.