Thread: Sig Sauer P226

Feedback Score

Default Sig Sauer P226

Finally got my new Sig Sauer P226 COMBAT variant out to my gun club and gave it it's first shake down cruise, and it performed flawlessly. Unlike the P226 I bought my son a couple of years ago this one did NOT come with the cheap/crappy Checkmate mags, but real-deal "Made in Italy" MecGar magazines. Sweet.

Here's the video:

Designed to meet, and exceed, rigorous military standards, the P226® Combat performs like no other 9mm available. Each pistol features the military's Flat Dark Earth finish on its alloy frame and SIG's Nitron® finish over a stainless slide. Internal parts and controls are phosphated for extreme corrosion resistance and reduced friction while the barrel is hard chromed and finished in Nitron® which easily passes the military's accuracy requirements. The P226 Combat also passes the military's 240-hour salt spray corrosion test. Additional features include a M1913 Picatinny rail, vertical front strap serrations and SIGLITE® night sights.

For more information, including detailed specifications, etc. go to:
    http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductD ... ombat.aspx

Item Number E26R-9-CBT

Caliber: 9mm
    Action Type: DA/SA
    Trigger Pull DA: 10.0 lbs
    Trigger Pull SA: 4.4 lbs
    Overall Length : 7.70 in
    Overall Height: 5.5 in
    Overall Width: 1.5 in
    Barrel Length: 4.4 in
    Sight Radius: 6.3 in
    Weight w/Mag: 34.0 oz
    Mag Capacity 10 or 15 Rounds
    Sights SIGLITE® Night Sights
    Grips Flat Dark Earth Polymer Factory
    Frame Finish Flat Dark Earth
    Slide Finish Nitron®
    Accessory Rail Yes
    Features Accessory Rail
    MSRP $1,218.00
    CA Compliant No
    MA Compliant No

Member of the National Rifle Association (Life/Endowment); Gun Owners of America (Life); Garand Collectors Association; National Shooting Sports Foundation. CCW License Holder in MO. FFL 03 License Holder.

Check out my Gun and Gear channel on YouTube:
    VDMA VIDEOS.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I prefer the P-228/229 or 225 for carry, the p-226 is to big, I also prefer original sig manufactered mags not the Mecgar manufactered ones,
    but any beretta M-9 / 92f mag can be modified to use in the sig ( same mag body)

sig pistol collector
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    I prefer the P-228/229 or 225 for carry, the p-226 is to big, I also prefer original sig manufactered mags not the Mecgar manufactered ones,
    but any beretta M-9 / 92f mag can be modified to use in the sig ( same mag body)

sig pistol collector
    When did they quit putting made in West Germany on them? after the wall went down or did they move the plant to the US?

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post

sig pistol collector
    Now THAT is a useful bit of info...Thanks!
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

yes pistols imported stopped right around the time the wall came down, the NH plant was also assembling slides to US made frames and compontent from about that time on, those older 228/226 slides are pressed and welded sheet metal slides, when the 229 came out in 40 cal they redesigned the slides to solid steel

bellson
    M-9 checkmate mags can be converted to work in sigs and the walther p-99, 88, S&W 9mm models, there are a few more I used to see these us made M-9 mags selling for $12, one just needs to take a original mag disassemble, measure the mag catch slot and with a round cutting tool on a dremel cut the slot I go deep irst if it does not lock up then trim going towards the top till it locks reassemble the mag

i will star a new thread on this with a pic

Feedback Score

Checkmate mags have given me NOTHING but problems. MecGar is the far better choice.

SIG supplies their handguns with either Checkmate or MecGar just depends on what they have on hand at the time. I called SIG last week to confirm/verify this, and yup, that's the way it is.

Member of the National Rifle Association (Life/Endowment); Gun Owners of America (Life); Garand Collectors Association; National Shooting Sports Foundation. CCW License Holder in MO. FFL 03 License Holder.

VDMA VIDEOS.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

never had a problems with checkmate miltary contract mags

besides I am talking about range and competetion mags, not for self defense, I would not put mecgar mags in my sig for self defense even if they came with the gun. I use the old zipperback mags and in my 225 carry pistol I use p-6 marked mags

and for those reading this thread if you pick up a older pair of P-226 mags they work in 228/229 pistols
    just like Glock 17 mags work in glock 19 they just hang down a bit again for the range who cares

Feedback Score

Checkmates are notoriously bad in Berettas, Sigs, you name it. They are crap.

VDMA VIDEOS.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

lets see Im a member of both sig forums, beretta forums, ar-15 com never heard/read this before, Pro-mags thats different, korean glock mags, taiwanese M-14 mags

ok folks amsdorf says checkmate mags are crap, go back to using the expensive ones

on to the next video

Feedback Score

Spend some time with Mr. Google if you don't believe me, doesn't matter to me though. More power to you if you want to run cheapo mags in your expensive handguns.

VDMA VIDEOS.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.