Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: US made trunnions, GB, bolt carriers

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Default US made trunnions, GB, bolt carriers

I don't know anything about these dudes but apparently they are gearing up to make a bunch of US made parts. The barrels and trunnions interest me the most. I have no idea about the quality. He is also selling an 80% receiver, but unfortunately he is trying to reinvent the wheel by making them with an oversize wall thickness. At least the extra thickness is on the outside rather than inside, so shaving trunnions is not required. There would of course be fitment issues with the top cover, selector, axis pins etc. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

http://resistancearms.com/ak-rifle-parts--kits.html

Feedback Score

There's a couple of folks now making front trunnions that I know of. Some of these guys parts are reasonable, $40 for a front trunnion is a deal nowadays, but $30 for a hammer and $30 for a trigger??? Tapco FCG is only $30! And they want $75 for a trigger guard. I don't think so.

If the barrels are any good that's a deal at $75.

I like their spirit though! Their website sucks and is sloooow!

I expect to see more guys starting up to make parts as the parts kits dry up.
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken3030 View Post
    ... Some of these guys parts are reasonable, $40 for a front trunnion is a deal nowadays, but $30 for a hammer and $30 for a trigger??? Tapco FCG is only $30! And they want $75 for a trigger guard. I don't think so.

If the barrels are any good that's a deal at $75.
    My thoughts exactly. Some of their items carry just stupid prices, like the ones you mentioned.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Chief... Come in..

Ken3030. ??? I have enough AK parts in boxes to supply the Chinese Army.. Chinese is my main interest.. Have a Chinese barrel and I know I could get dinky WAC.co to spit out a thick Chinese receiver.
    Damn, if I could only get the front trunion.. Complete barrel, sights, gas block been sittin gathering dust, since I was dealing with Global Trades out of Texas.. God I miss them.. "Front bayo sights for a Chinese AK, sure, how many you need.?? Chinese trunions, sure how many you need. Chinese receivers, sure how many you need?"
    Link not working.. Please give me a hook up with this guy.. My right arm is done, fineto.. After the operation I can build again.. Thank Yall..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

They need to make a slightly beefier 308 Winchester class bolt, trunnion available.

Feedback Score

I'm almost interested enough to be a test case, but if anyone else is about to give them a go, I'll hold off...

I question their pricing structure to the point where I question if they have any idea what they're doing... And the one photo of their supposed parts doesn't look like it's of a batch of freshly milled parts... I'm sceptical, but I'm definitely interested.

Feedback Score

Great prices on the front trunnion and barrel.

Thanks for sharing...I may grab one of the trunnions and check it out, not sure how I feel about a $75 barrel though when the going rate is $120+...
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chuangtzu View Post
    I'm almost interested enough to be a test case, but if anyone else is about to give them a go, I'll hold off...

I question their pricing structure to the point where I question if they have any idea what they're doing... And the one photo of their supposed parts doesn't look like it's of a batch of freshly milled parts... I'm sceptical, but I'm definitely interested.
    I noticed that also. I didn't click on much more past the rocket-hub link where they're trying to get funding to start production. Might come to pass, might not.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Max -- What's strange is that they don't seem to be selling parts rather they are seeking support for a funding program.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score

According to their webpage, they are selling all of the parts right now except the 80% receivers which they are requesting $15,000 to set up tooling for. Seems like the need to buy 3 sets of tooling to make the 3 "levels" of receivers they plan on making...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.