Thread: AR-15 bolt carrier group: Nickel Boron vs. Parkerized

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Question AR-15 bolt carrier group: Nickel Boron vs. Parkerized

Anyone get one? I bought one and have not tried it yet. Ah hell I sit here, have a few beers, watch these videos and buy. Good? hell I don't know?
    My Bro, a used car salesman said I was a "lay down." I said WTF is a lay down?
    You guys come on our car lot, we talk to you for 2 minutes and you hand us money. Could not argue, he is right.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

I bought the spikes Nickel boron. Slicker then owl snot. Works well. I find clean up real easy but where the bolt tail sits inside the carrier.that part of the carrier is still tough to clean. (where the gas key expels the gas)It's looks chrome lined like the standard. I've read good and bad reviews about them. Some say they freeze up inside the upper. Never had that issue. I would say for the extra money a Parked one is just fine. I use LMT's in my AR's and the spikes sits in the safe as a back up.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

They used to be quite a bit more expensive, AIM Surplus and PSA have them for $99. I bought one from AIM and it had free shipping. A lot of their AR parts ship free.

I have it in a 300BLK and haven't put it to a good test yet. It's working great so far though.

Here's the link:
    AIM AR/M16 .223/5.56 NiB 9310 MPI BDG Bolt Carrier Group

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 555th View Post
    They used to be quite a bit more expensive, AIM Surplus and PSA have them for $99. I bought one from AIM and it had free shipping. A lot of their AR parts ship free.

I have it in a 300BLK and haven't put it to a good test yet. It's working great so far though.

Here's the link:
    AIM AR/M16 .223/5.56 NiB 9310 MPI BDG Bolt Carrier Group
    555th yes I bought one, well hell I buy just about anything weapon related that sounds good. Never really had any problems with the original designed bolt carrier group. Even on a bit of full auto.
    Is it a necessary improvement over something that is working? I do not know? Guess maybe in real harsh conditions, like our Troops in sandy environments it may help?
    All I do now is take the ARs too the range, fire a few rounds then come home and spend the day cleaning them. So no real tests of it on my part.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

I have the AIM NIB bolt , in my 300 pistol . If you run surpressed it is worth it because it cleans up easy.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

So, You've noted more fowling with a suppressed firearm nhgunnut? I'd often wondered about that being an issue or not and could only imagine it would be by restricting the gas's.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 555th View Post
    They used to be quite a bit more expensive, AIM Surplus and PSA have them for $99. I bought one from AIM and it had free shipping.
    That's true, they have come down quite a bit. I bought a couple of these when they were on sale for $79. Very nice BCG. Slicker than snot on a doorknob.

Bolt Carrier Group NiB MK1 MOD0 - Ares Armor

Search tags for this page

remington 870 sling kit

sling for remington 870

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.