Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By kernelkrink
  • 2 Post By kernelkrink

Thread: EAA WITNESS PS 9MM POLYMER - $270

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default EAA WITNESS PS 9MM POLYMER - $270

Not familiar with the Witness but $270 for an Italian manufacture firearm seems like a decent price. Anyone have experience with these? Just curious as I have other irons in the fire now but does pique my interest slightly.

CDNN SPORTS - EAA WITNESS PS 9MM POLYMER - EMAIL SPECIALS

So the question is - good or junk?
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The one I bought is very accurate and so far has only failed to feed once. That was the second round it ever fired, maybe 200 rds through it so far. DA trigger pull is nothing special, but the SA pull is pretty good. An overtravel stop would make it excellent!

Factory mags are by MecGar, Ableammo.com had them on sale for about $18 when I got mine, 4 shipped was just a bit over $80. I would watch them for another sale! If the mag base is steel, they are 16rd mags, mine came with the polymer base mags which are 17rds. Some of the mag bodies are marked 16, but hold 17 if they have the polymer base pad. I guess when MecGar transitioned to the polymer and gained the extra round they still had a bunch of the old mag tubes left with the older markings?

BTW, these are "small frame" models when it comes to magazines. Several years ago Tanfoglio had both a small frame (9mm, .40) and a large frame (10mm, .45) then consolidated with just the large frame so you could use caliber change kits universally. With these they went with the smaller frame again.

They seem to hold up well from what I have read online. The only problem area I have read about is the recoil guide rod has little support at the rear, anything above 9mm can cause peening. Probably overkill in a 9mm, but the cure is a cone type rod:

Tanfoglio Conefit Guide Rod [H081] | Henning Group

Has that almost perfect CZ75 feel to the grip, but it also has that slide buried in the frame with little to grab hold of when chambering. The lockwork is a little different from the CZ75 it is based on, and it appears to be an improvement from what I can tell. Well proven, Witness pistols are very popular in Europe. Steel inserts for the rails and inner workings, the polymer should last for many rounds. Black Blade may be able to wear one out with the pallets full of 9mm he has stacked up but I could never afford to...

If you have a Rural King farm store nearby, they put these (and the Pavona compact model in purple) on sale for $260-269 every month or so. No shipping and FFL transfer fees, just sales tax so you save even more. When I got mine they had a "blowout sale" @ $249! Couldn't resist that, I had about $30 worth of rebate gift cards from them, so it was about $240 out the door. Should have bought two.
    Black Blade likes this.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

My favorite platform by far.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

I have one and no complaints.
    Tree huggin' dirt worshipper!

Gunco Good ole boy 2ndAmendican's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

I'm on a CZ discussion board, and the Witness line as a whole is pretty highly rated. The Witness polymer is especially liked for it's quality to cost ratio. There are tuning shops that do the CZ and clone platforms as well if you want that "perfect" trigger. I think it's a great pistol for the money myself.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I will pass and get the new Walther CCP in 9mm, and if i was going to get a full size polymer it would be a sig P-2022
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Yeah, but can ya get a built in spiker bayonet for the Sig? Looks like it would also work as a gun hanger on wood paneling...

Tanfoglio "Last Defense" Guide Rod | Henning Group

spiker.jpg
    Black Blade and 2ndAmendican like this.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I thought they were made in Turkey.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

EAA imports two similar gun lines, the Witness line is made by Tanfoglio in Italy and the SAR B6 and K2 lines are made in Turkey by Sarsilmaz (SP?) The B6 guns look almost like the polymer Witness except they lack the dustcover rail. They also usually go about $10 cheaper. Rural King carries both, no experience with the SAR stuff but other CZ inspired handguns from the Turks have excellent reputations.

I was seriously looking at the S120 and L120 from Canik and Tri-star, made by Sarsilmaz. Essentially a "classic" CZ75 with the rounded triggerguard, but it has the commander style hammer instead of the spur.

Search tags for this page

870 sling

emington but stock sling mount

remington 870 police sling

remington 870 sling

remington 870 sling kit

sling for remington 870

speedfeed stock 870

strap for remington 870

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.