Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: KSG + forward pistol grip + A.D. = lawsuit

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default KSG + forward pistol grip + A.D. = lawsuit

Short story, some rocket scientist was shooting their KSG when the aftermarket foregrip broke off, and the shooter proceeded to shoot off part of his hand in the process. Now they are suing Kel-Tec and the foregrip mfr.

Man Files Suit against Kel-Tec, ProMag, After Shooting Accident - The Firearm Blog

SOOOOOOOO........... already the naysayers are getting their 2 bits in regarding the shitty QC of the Kel-Tec brand, the use of cheap equipment = fail, the fact that bullpups are evil (it wouldn't have happened if the gun was longer) etc. Really interesting to see all the armchair assholes (I mean admirals) contributing their fountains of wisdom to the fray.

This surfaced because the lawyers looking for a payday are looking for "technical experts" to help nail this one down.

What I don't get is even if you were in a "it broke apart in my hands" situation, how hard can you be to keep your finger on the trigger? Is it just me? Am I in a minority where "trigger discipline" is intrinsically practiced? Even my left-eye dominant wife knows better. I don't know... I don't know the details so I am speaking from the outside looking in.
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I'm so old-fashioned Jerry, I don't trust the hammer drop safeties on pistols and I don't fix the hole in the bedroom wall which reminds me of the reason why.

I don't own a Glock because I don't think your finger should be on the trigger unless you're ready to fire and I think it's ridiculous to add a safety to this action. Plus I well remember the bets my daughter would place with the other physicians in the emergency room of Jackson Hospital in Miami on Saturday night concerning the number of genital procedures that would be performed as a result of the homeboys reaching down into the front of their pants to pull out their Glock.

I also remember the story my old buddy in Cheyenne told about the two retired game wardens he took hunting early one morning and one shot the other as he was removing an unloaded rifle from its case. The 80-year-old victim lived however it probably took a number of years off my buddies life.

Guns are dangerous. You don't necessarily have to be an idiot to be hurt by them, but it helps.
    2ndAmendican likes this.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Winn R View Post
    I'm so old-fashioned Jerry, I don't trust the hammer drop safeties on pistols and I don't fix the hole in the bedroom wall which reminds me of the reason why.

I don't own a Glock because I don't think your finger should be on the trigger unless you're ready to fire and I think it's ridiculous to add a safety to this action. Plus I well remember the bets my daughter would place with the other physicians in the emergency room of Jackson Hospital in Miami on Saturday night concerning the number of genital procedures that would be performed as a result of the homeboys reaching down into the front of their pants to pull out their Glock.

I also remember the story my old buddy in Cheyenne told about the two retired game wardens he took hunting early one morning and one shot the other as he was removing an unloaded rifle from its case. The 80-year-old victim lived however it probably took a number of years off my buddies life.

Guns are dangerous. You don't necessarily have to be an idiot to be hurt by them, but it helps.
    Winn, that was extremely well stated, and I couldn't agree more, on ALL counts!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I don't own a Glock because I don't think your finger should be on the trigger unless you're ready to fire and I think it's ridiculous to add a safety to this action.
    I don't get this part.
    I may be a little prejudice since I own a 17, 19, 21, 26 and a 30 but the drill is the same, booger hook off the bang switch until you are ready to fire. How is a Glock any different in that respect?
    Ftwash likes this.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

And iiinnnn the right corner, weighing in at Feb 2004 and 6,491 hard swinging hits......7.62Xthuty niiinnnnneeeee!!
    In the left corner, also weighing in at Feb 2004 with 5,919 swings under his belt..........Winn RrrrrRRRRrrrrRRRRR!!
    Gonna be a good fight I think. It's them damn glocks, make good people fight one another.

OMG, I'm cracking myself up. Not sure if this is normal.
    member # 575

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62x39 View Post
    I don't get this part.
    I may be a little prejudice since I own a 17, 19, 21, 26 and a 30 but the drill is the same, booger hook off the bang switch until you are ready to fire. How is a Glock any different in that respect?

In my mind (and Max I understand that's considered a questionable product) a safety should perform when you screw up and put your finger on a trigger and you don't want the gun to go off.

I understand they are popular guns and many folks like them, but there are also people who like little short stubby .45's and put NOS on Harley's. It takes all kinds.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashhoe View Post
    And iiinnnn the right corner, weighing in at Feb 2004 and 6,491 hard swinging hits......7.62Xthuty niiinnnnneeeee!!
    In the left corner, also weighing in at Feb 2004 with 5,919 swings under his belt..........Winn RrrrrRRRRrrrrRRRRR!!
    Gonna be a good fight I think. It's them damn glocks, make good people fight one another.

OMG, I'm cracking myself up. Not sure if this is normal.
    ROTFLMFAO!!!!!! I'm with you Ash, that was freaking funny.

As far as Glocks go, I owned a 17 back in 1989 or 1990. Didn't care for it. Got rid of it and got a Baby Eagle .40 S&W. Love hammers, safties, decockers, etc....

Supposedly more accidental shootings involving police officers with Glocks vs other types, as well as officers being shot with their own firearm after a suspect wrestles it away and shoots them. If there were some type of manual safety, there would at least be a chance that it could slow the perp down enough for the officers to do something. Now, that being said, I would definitely carry a Glock or similar type striker fired pistol if it were given to me. I'm not going to go buy one though.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Humm, in my years of training with the PD they always taught us to not shoot if our body was in the way, WHY would you pull the trigger if your hand is going forward past the muzzle ? I guess if you can spill HOT coffee in your lap and get money for it thats the world we live in.

I wonder if the lawsuit is going to name the "licensed and insured" gunsmith that installed the stock, or was it done in his garage with broken tools????????
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I understand they are popular guns and many folks like them, but there are also people who like little short stubby .45's and put NOS on Harley's. It takes all kinds.
    I wonder if they finally got all my fingerprints off of that little warthog? lol I filled that burning desire with the G30. What's wrong with the N20? The old girl needed a little more oomph to dust off some of the rice burners.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62x39 View Post
    I wonder if they finally got all my fingerprints off of that little warthog? lol I filled that burning desire with the G30. What's wrong with the N20? The old girl needed a little more oomph to dust off some of the rice burners.
    I think you and that pistol imprinted on a cellular level.

You're talking to an old BMW rider who, although the Dragon's Tail is still done a couple of times a year, waves fondly at the Ducati's as they scream past. I find that every year that goes by slows me a little more but I'm happy to still be above ground and riding. You still get on that monster?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.