Thread: Blowback operated AK based guns

BHP
    Feedback Score

Default Blowback operated AK based guns

First off let me apologise for not searching for this topic. I am in Afghanistan for the year and the internet sucks here. I intend to create a pistol caliber AK for use on an indoor range and I am mostly interested in what it takes to convert the basic AK kit to a straight blowbackaction. I have tried to search for the right threads to steer me in the right direction but my (painfully slow) access keeps going out.

Can you guys steer me in the right direction and link me to a few threads, here or elsewhere, that can get me started? If I can get a page to open I can save it and read later, the hard (slow) part is finding what I need.

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I have seen several versions of blowback AKs using the 2xtm magwell sold by Lichtenberg. Both 9mm and 7.62x25 and both using drums. I have seen one other that removed the magwell from a PPS-43 and used the stick mags.

Here is link for a project done before Lichtenburg made a magwell for the 7.62x25.

The AK Files Forums - 7.62x25 Drum-fed about to begin

I will send more links when I can find them.

BHP
    Feedback Score

Thanks guys, I have built several AKs in the past (fixed stock, underfolders, Saiga conversions, SBS, etc) but I have never done a blowback conversion. The more the better but I will start with what you posted so far.

Thanks again.

BHP
    Feedback Score

I was refered to gunsnet elsewhere but when I tried to register I got a message back saying that I didn't meet their registration requirements, whatever that means. I have heard complaints about that site before but never looked into it before. I sent a message to their listed contact address a few days ago but haven't heard anything. If someone has any insight as to why I can't get a logon there I would appreciate it, otherwise any other sources of information would be appreciated.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.