Poor man's pin buster
Here's the score so far, Max's pin buster 8, Romy pins 0
Some of these Romy's are real bears to get out, I've read a lot of horror stories lately, with lots of folks having to resort to heat and/or drilling to pop these thing loose.
I think the major problem is getting the trunnion to remain flat and fully supported while pressing.
The pin area of the trunnion is relieved half way around by .118 and the remaining area of the trunnion is .040 low once the receiver stub is removed.
This leaves precious little flat surface to work with.
I found a 1/2" SAE washer .118 thick, and cut off 1/4 of it.
This fills the missing area around the pin perfectly.
I then took one side of a receiver stub and welded both pieces to a piece of 3/8 steel plate, drilling a hole for the pin to come through.
The upper rail engages the trunnion and locates it properly.
Between the washer and receiver stub, the trunnion is 100% supported and the pin remains perfectly perpendicular to the press.
Now the only rock and roll I have is on the radio