Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Took the plunge

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Unhappy Took the plunge

before I went on vacation last week I ordered a Yugo M53 from Sarco.Just got back tonight and checked it out first thing. Barrel looks frosted but may just need cleaning. Some parts look twisted and others look like they were taken apart with an air chisel. I plan on cleaning it up this Sunday after I get back from the gun show. I will take pictures and maybe someone can tell me if what I have is rebuildable or if I need to send it back. Hope I don't have to send it back.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Glad to see you made it back safe from FL. Was it a good vacation?
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Thanks for the post. I got one from Centerfire and it looks like a new gun with decent de-mill. I've been told they all come from Century, but does than mean each vendor gets the same quality? I've had bad luck with Sarco AND MGS. I might get another from Centerfire even though I know it's luck of the draw. A decent 8mm barrel costs all most as much as these kits right now. I think these are the best kit for investment at these prices at this time. You can get three of these for the price on one Krinkov kit.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Had a great time. I guess my brother was wrong or we just didint go to the wrong places. Glad I am home so I can go back to work and relax!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

anybody ever finish building one of these, how close to an mg42 are they?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I got one of those kits a while back for my 2nd MG42 build but have only unpacked it and didn't notice any "damaged" parts, other than the receiver

Boy I'm glad I stocked up on barrels when I did. Wish I'd have saved some more for a rainy day!

A replacement for just about every part of an MG can be found on the MG supplier sites so if you have a part that is chewed up too badly you should be able to find something.

Have you been to the http://www.mg42.us website yet? There is some active talk about these kits.

I'm proud to say that my 1st MG42 build is basically complete once I install a spring retainer on the grip and a safety. I finally resolved the light primer strike issue I was suffering. I'm probably going to build another semi-auto firing pin, not really happy with how the first one turned out.

Feedback Score

Weaponeer has group buy going right now on Semi gripsticks do it your self USA compliant $90.00 or complete w/AR15 fire control group for $190.00 Also Wise Lite arms has replacement booster bushings for sale $125.00 each they weld in the area that was toarched in the front receiver you got with your kit. several receivers are in the works right now Cold Steel Solutions,Wise Lite,MGS. but they have not been released yet still being manufatured check mg42.us like hcpookie said I'm there guite a lot same name hope this helps - Rocco

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Bobby,

Anything interesting in Marlboro? I never made it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I can't bring myself to buy a modded grip stick... just doesn't make sense to me that I am going to weld, grind, and do all the mods then just buy a pre-modded grip stick? Where's the fun in that?!?

Besides, IMNSHO, the FAL or G3 FCG is better than the AR FCG. At least, most people report zero issues with the FAL. But whatever works I suppose...

AFAIK, I'm still the only one to have used a G3 FCG so my reports are it (yes it works).

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Anyone know of any cut receivers for sale?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.