Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Folding stock on G kits?

Feedback Score

Default Folding stock on G kits?

Has anyone put a side folding kit on a Rom G?
    I see they have side folding stocks for sale.Thought it might make a nice change.
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
    -Ronald Reagan

bsn
    Feedback Score

Yes I have,. The side fold stockswill fit just about any conventional wood stocked AK with no modifications.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

I have had a sidefolder on a Rommy"G" for 2 years.Do yourself a favor and get an E.German sidefolder.The quality is much better than the Rommy sidefolders.gunut

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)

Nice thing about the side fold is that you can put a scope mount on it.
    God pulls my strings!!

Feedback Score

I never thought about that,good deal.

Why is the Rom bad?

And can you still get the E German folder's?
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
    -Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

The Romy folder isn't "bad", the German ones are better machined.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The East German ones are more nicely finished, but the push button (and only the push button) Romy's are the most functional. They have an offset that places the wire part of the stock to the left when open and slightly away from the right side of the receiver when closed. That gives a better cheek weld when shooting and provides clearance to the receiver so that you can put some padding on it so that it doesnt sting your cheek when shooting. I use rubber gas line tubing slit length wise. That way, the tubing can be taken back off in case you want to it to look original. In case that didnt make any sense, here are some pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. ~Dave Barry, Dave Barry Turns 50

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I put a Bulgarian triangular side folder on one with an AK74 muzzle brake. Really like it. Used an AKBuilder flat and cut it to fit. Got the idea here on the board.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I have two sidefolder stocks that I use on my Romanian G kits. One is the Romanian sidefolder that Century (and everybody else) sells. It's a brick, and is absolutely solid. It clicks into place extended or folded, and the rubber pad keeps the steel of the stock from smacking the receiver. It folds to just the right position to allow the safety and the charging handle to operate without obstruction.

The second stock I got is the Tapco plastic "Galil-Style" stock. It's an inch longer than other AK stocks, so it gives a very good feeling when you aim using it. On the other hand it's less substantial than the steel stock (obviously), it's by nature more fragile, and when folded it makes it hard to operate the safety and very difficult to charge the rifle.

The Romanian stock is excellent. I have six of them, and they are really solid, reliable, and easy and satisfying to use.
    * This is My Rifle *

Feedback Score

Who has the rubber pads in stock, I'm having a hard time finding them.
    -Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.