Thread: twa hows your pps43 going?

Feedback Score

Default twa hows your pps43 going?

I posted over in the shotgun forum by mistake. I guess with grand son it wont be the last. just wondering how the 9mm 43 was going?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Actually the 43 I've got is in 762X25. I had did have it out last Friday for 4-5 mags worth of playing though,,it's running great and I tried a few rounds off a rest just for shits and I was really quite surprised how accurate it really is,,3-4 " at 40-50 yards. Shit, for what it is ,, my old tired eyes and open sights,, I'm good with that.

So far I've just gotten ,,prices, part # and availability on the planned experimental build in 45ACP. But so far haven't done anything much yet other than gather info. and prices.

I've spent a bunch of bucks for vinyl ceder looking shakes and octagon window for the gable end of the house all new ceder clapboards and window trim on half the house and all new windows upstairs, major partial foundation repairs on the garage,,,

that project might just be on hold till,,,???,,well who knows? When I have some more money again I guess!!

Between the house and the bucks I've spent on the Riviera getting both buttoned up in the last 2 years,,my wallet is taking a ass whooping!!! And my savings account is just a memory,, just working with the kids inheritance now!!

Life goes on I guess,,,just another day in a life!!

Feedback Score

sound good my friend.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Life sure would be better if I had a few more play $$ though!! Never goes far enough,,,,Got to get a bit more thrifty when winter comes up.

But I still end up spending a bit more than I should on hunting and ice fishing, mostly gas money sense I have just about every bit of hunting an fishing gear you could possibly imagine so no extra expense's there anymore other than the occasional trinket. I do make almost enough selling fish to cover expenses so it cost zip to fish pretty much.

Hunting starts next week end, so I'll be MIA for a bit pretty soon.

Can't hardly wait,,I'm damn near giddy as a little school girl!!!

Went scouting yesterday,,good signs, lots of rubs, scrapes and bed's Found 3 spots I know where I'm going to be sitting opening day,,for sure. One spot has brush 1-1 1/2" thick almost snapped right in 2 and real deep prints,,that's a good Alpha deer there I'm think,,going to be scouting more and see what we got there mister!! There's a good honest 12 that's been seen in that general area for 2 years now and that just might be him, even if it isn't, the one that is there must be a dandy. I'm going to set up a couple natural ground blinds along a stone wall 75-80 yards away and do some watching for a bit and put one on the opposite side of 4-5 acre area they have a scrap line along. Got some changing wind conditions options then, if the wind ain't right at one , it will at the other.

Gezzz, bet ya can't tell I'm ready to ROCK!!!

Feedback Score

good luck my friend.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Oh Baby,,I sat in my blind last evening and what do ya know 3 doe and 2 buck came right along the scrape line I'd set up on about 110 yards away,,one was a real beauty and I counted 10 clear points with 2 possible kickers . He's got to be at least a 180-190 lb deer,minimum,I sure hope he holds his patterns till season starts.

The smaller one wasn't all bad either, a tall rack 4 in the 140-150 range. He looks to be a 2 year old by his actions,,he sure as Hell moved out in a hurry when the big boy came through. Just as I was getting ready to leave, about 1/2 hour after total darkness and more moved through but I couldn't really tell what they were or how many, just saw there silhouette as they broke a ridge. Looked like 3 and I'm thinking they were a big doe with 2 skippers, best as I could tell.

Sure as Hell hope I get one this year,,I've had an unusual 2 year dry spell. It's been so dry and crunchy the last 2 years you couldn't move at all without spooking everything within a country mile. Leaves were literally knee deep the woods the last 2 years and dry as a cob. I threw every trick in the book at them and they didn't start moving around till after dark, they stayed in there beds till nightfall. This year we had good rain and the leaves have laid down good and quieted up allot so I'm confident they'll be back to there normal patterns again. That area is a huge area covering almost 25 square miles of several 8k+ mountains so it's a huge area to hunt.

I've got to get a crack at them early sense the buck seem to shit out to the mountain tops and several swampy areas after the first few rounds are fired in that area. And after the first few days the buck turn nocturnal. Saturday morning is the day It opens,,and I'll be in my sniper nest waiting!!!!!! Oh Ya!!!! Come-on there big boy,,,,dare ya to stick you're head out now,,I'm on ya.

I'd love to get a crack at that 10-12,, but if that nice tall rack 4 comes through,,I'll smoke him in a heart beat,, I've been burned by that big boy 2 years in a row now and I'm not taking any chances this year,,I let to many shooters pass the last 2 years waiting for that big one to poke his head out,,I'm not making that mistake again,,,,,

But I'd sure like that big boy hanging on the wall mister!!! So I MAY,,,just let that 4 pass if I see him the first day,,,but only once, second day he'll be steaks!!!

Feedback Score

sounds good, darn,,, im hungrt. got some porkchops layed out but would love a few deer steaks in the pan with onions and bell peppers and a little bit of hot peppers in it. yum, yum.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Ya Man,,,Now yer talking!!! Back straps and onions,,,YUMMMMY,, I can smell them cooking now!!!

Search tags for this page

thompson semi and full reciver

thompson style ar15

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.