Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: opinions of 4 position m-4 stocks ??

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak opinions of 4 position m-4 stocks ??

i'm looking at a m-4 kit that has a standard a 4 position m-4 adjustable stock.

all my other m-4orgeries came with either a 5 or six position stock that either was or close to mill spec.

are these 4 position stocks good enough or are they junk????""
    Last edited by j427x; 05-08-2008 at 12:44 PM. Reason: typo

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I thought the 4 position stock was just an older design, then replaced by the 6 position?
    I got a 4 position and I like it, but then I always use it all the way out and collapse it for storage or transport.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    I thought the 4 position stock was just an older design, then replaced by the 6 position?
    I got a 4 position and I like it, but then I always use it all the way out and collapse it for storage or transport.

interesting--is your 4 position pretty good quality wise? i may just order the kit with one if it is up to par.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I'd say the quality is about the same. A guy I shoot with has a Colt AR with the 6 position and the only differences I noticed on his was the unlocking lever thing was better made and the checkering on the butt end was deeper, other then that is looked and felt the same.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

The 4 position collapsible stock was standard on the CAR-15 and that era of shorty ARs.

I guess they had to be update the mechanism to charge more . . . .

Feedback Score

I have a 4 position on my A2 and quality is good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I thought the 4 position was a "car-15" stock, the 6 position being a "M-4" type. I think you can get varying quality out of either design. I also think the buttplate is a good bit smaller on the car-15 than the M4 type.

I also think the car type has a sling point on the top, the M4 has a swivel on bottom? (I like the top mount.)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I have used both and really have no preference. I always shoot with it fully extended and did not really notice any length difference, I shoot alot of different types of rifles so I am constantly changing my grip to adjust to the rifle. I guess if you prefer to shoot in any other position than fully extended you could run into a comfort problem. I would definately stick with a trusted name brand maybe one with a name that matches the reciever, there are some really low buck stocks out there and I don't think I would trust one of the cheap ones. If you can find a trademark on it and identify who made it that would probably tell you if it is junk or not.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default 4 pos stock

Got a 4 pos stock. Very good quality and it def. does the job. I mean I pull it all the way out to shoot / and all the way in to store. Got it in OD from Delton.
    Praise the LORD and pass the ammunition!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've got an aluminum 4 position stock from Model 1 Sales. Like the rest I use it fully extented for shoo9ting and collapsed in the safe. My son uses it in the 3rd position out. I've been happy with it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.