0 0%
  • a red headed step child form kenya!

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: taurus pt 1911 poll

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911 taurus pt 1911 poll

this poll is about how happy you are with your taurus pt 1911 pistol.

i saw that buds has the base model 1911 for $439 so that don't sound too bad on the price.

things that bug me about the buying a PT are--

is the PT fully compatible with other 1911 parts?

what about that goofy safety-lock system that taurus insist on putting on the 1911?

any problems with springs, pins or other non-spec small parts?

yea its a tarurs so you got their warranty -- unless the frame splits ir something horrible goes wrong it ain't a going back to no taurus warranty dept so this is a non issue i think--lol

generally are you a happy pt 1911 camper?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Would rather have my SIG and or COLT 1911.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score

I only have a colt (commander) and a Rock Island.

I like and trust the colt name and reputation, but I have to admit the Rock Island works pretty good and was easy on the budget.

I don't know anything about Taurus 1911's.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I bought there stainless steel model because I had to have a stainless steel model. There ads claimed that it comes from the factory with all the bells and whistles. Some I liked, some not so much. Mine had problems with some aftermarket magazines getting stuck in the mag well. There was nothing wrong with the Checkmate magazines that I roll with. They were all in spec. I found a high spot in the mag well and took it down with a file. Mine was stolen from a heroine addict son and traded to the dope man who used it to shoot up a bar. Three negros were hit and he shot him self in the leg making it four. Cincinnati police arrested Terry Crossty and he got six years. My pistol was never found. I thought mine was fatter/wider than the 1911s I carried as a Marine in the 70s. I replaced it with a 3.5"Citadel and a Shooters Arms 5" Military model. I remove the barrels from my 1911s and drop my 230gr cast reloads in one at a time to make sure they seat properly. I give them the thumbs up.
    I would buy a Taurus again if the price was right. Not a true mil spec gun.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

now that is the very information i wanted to know.

i think for what i want to do i would be better served to get a RIA frame from sarco and start from the ground up---

thanks rail--

Quote Originally Posted by railbuggy View Post
    I bought there stainless steel model because I had to have a stainless steel model. There ads claimed that it comes from the factory with all the bells and whistles. Some I liked, some not so much. Mine had problems with some aftermarket magazines getting stuck in the mag well. There was nothing wrong with the Checkmate magazines that I roll with. They were all in spec. I found a high spot in the mag well and took it down with a file. Mine was stolen from a heroine addict son and traded to the dope man who used it to shoot up a bar. Three negros were hit and he shot him self in the leg making it four. Cincinnati police arrested Terry Crossty and he got six years. My pistol was never found. I thought mine was fatter/wider than the 1911s I carried as a Marine in the 70s. I replaced it with a 3.5"Citadel and a Shooters Arms 5" Military model. I remove the barrels from my 1911s and drop my 230gr cast reloads in one at a time to make sure they seat properly. I give them the thumbs up.
    I would buy a Taurus again if the price was right. Not a true mil spec gun.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.