Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This is the best example I have seen that Demonstrates "Why America is Great"

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default This is the best example I have seen that Demonstrates "Why America is Great"

Read this story. I cried like a baby!

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/1...san-francisco/

At times like this, I often dream about what I would do if I were the Grand High Emperor of Everything. Hell, I often think about what I would do if I were just the President of the United States.....

Here is my take on the "If I were President" theme, tempered by current events:

1. There would be no "ObamaCare". There would be cross-state competition and an open market. I would simply level the playing field for Insurance, and eliminate to the extent possible the out of control litigation that exists in most states. There is a reason why my insurance in Kalifornia would cost $1773.00 per month, and the same plan in Texas would cost $854.00. Just sayin.

2. I would not "sell" a SuperCarrier to a scraper for -$1.00 to cover costs of "recycling". I would view said SuperCarrier as a National Asset, and retrofit it to conform to a new class of vessel:: A United States Ship of Mercy. I would make it the ultimate floating platform to respond to issues like the aftermath of the ugly Typhoon that just trashed the Philippine Islands, or the Tsunami in the Indian Ocean, or the Tsunami in Japan, or a hundred other disasters within the last 15 years. The united States does maintain "Ships of Mercy", but they are conversions of old "SuperTankers" built in the late 1960's or early 1970's. They are slow, and inefficient. Getting one of those from say, San Diego to the Philippine Islands would take 3 weeks or more. An Enterprise Class SuperCarrier can do that in 12 days or less. I believe that this is the way that America can Demonstrate it's Greatness to the world. In the aftermath of the typhoon in the Philippine Islands, the Nations that are responding are: America, New Zealand, Australia, Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam, and Malaysia. Funny, I do not see Russia, China, or Iran on that list....We need to rethink our priorities. Taking care of the hurt, sick, and hapless should be our main foreign policy priority.

3. I would pay special attention to enabling people to make their own choices, and take responsibility for their own choices.

4. I would not screw with our Constitution. I would take my oath seriously and "Support and Defend" the Constitution.

I am really hungry for examples of "Why America is Great". Maybe that is why this story hit me so hard.

Regards,
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

2. I would not "sell" a SuperCarrier to a scraper for -$1.00 to cover costs of "recycling". I would view said SuperCarrier as a National Asset, and retrofit it to conform to a new class of vessel:: A United States Ship of Mercy. I would make it the ultimate floating platform to respond to issues like the aftermath of the ugly Typhoon that just trashed the Philippine Islands, or the Tsunami in the Indian Ocean, or the Tsunami in Japan, or a hundred other disasters within the last 15 years. The united States does maintain "Ships of Mercy", but they are conversions of old "SuperTankers" built in the late 1960's or early 1970's. They are slow, and inefficient. Getting one of those from say, San Diego to the Philippine Islands would take 3 weeks or more. An Enterprise Class SuperCarrier can do that in 12 days or less. I believe that this is the way that America can Demonstrate it's Greatness to the world. In the aftermath of the typhoon in the Philippine Islands, the Nations that are responding are: America, New Zealand, Australia, Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam, and Malaysia. Funny, I do not see Russia, China, or Iran on that list....We need to rethink our priorities. Taking care of the hurt, sick, and hapless should be our main foreign policy priority.
    Intereating idea for a help ship . we spned millions helpin out others an most of it is wasted on getting ready to go an all that . that ship could be at the ready for our selves as well . katrina for example .

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

If I was president any one who was recieving benefits would have to pass a drug test . I dont see giving stuff out to drug user an other criminals

I Id try to do some thting about the welfare funded criminal breeding grounds like the projects in Chicago . I would shut them down a level them.

Id crack down on criminal an make going to jail a more feared proposition . All this gang banger crap would end Id decare war on them. I would some how try to offer a way out an alternatives to our youth .

we need to do some thing to stop generation after generation of welfare family .

I would get serious about illeagle imigration an those who hire them an those who hire them . i would however make legal immigration more workable to those who want to do it correctly .

I would reevaluate or mid east situation. one hting i did like about Obama was his call for more non oil needed energy sources . Id tryt o find a way to help legitimate companys work on better an more efficient power sources . I would not just hand out cash lie Obama did . you will need to prove your on to something.

I would leave gun control laws alone but Id make damn sure idiots who abuse there gun rigth s are not set free to do it again . If we have to keep the current back ground check crap for buying new guns Id make sure it works an not let guys like the navy yard shooter slip through . If we have to have it make it work an make it cheaper an easier to do transfers . If we can check your credit in 30 seconds for free we should also be able to tell if you are a criminal

Obama care is a joke I would how ever lie to see some help for the uninsured some how . we are a rich strong coutnry there is no reason people go with out basic health care. we can ship food an crap to every one else we can help our own some how better . That dont mean you get a 5 million dollar procedure but you will see a docter some how.
    I would do what ever is possible to drive down health care costs . its rediculas it costs $250 to see a doctor for 10 minutes for a a sinus infection . I would also make it harder to sue for malpractice .

Inusrance would be my next target there rips offs an make to much money .

banks would also be under my scrutiny. Id crack down ahrd on white collar crime .

id also crack down hard on hackers an people who send out viruses Id make it a do year sentence.

I would also deal with the media an yet respect e constitrution but mis reported stporis that are knowingy falsre would be a crime . people are hurt buy mis thuths an lies . laws an policys are passed baise don pooorly reported stories . id some how try to take away the medias power to influence .

Id make my self an any one in government have the same insurance an the rest . id end all after your term is up benifits other than maybe security . Id crack down on lobbiests an those who buy there way into office .

getting elected should not be a free pass for life .

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I would put a bounty on progressives
    I would hang educators pushing Marxism, in the public square
    I would stop giving taxpayer money to subversive groups like Acorn & divert it to Make a wish type projects so all sick & disabled kids could be batboy or what ever would put a smile on there face.
    I would try to make all past & present service men & women feel like they were appreciated. Instead of being discarded like yesterdays trash under Obama.
    I would make the punks pull up their trousers.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

If I were president I would be assassinated because I would push to legalize freedom.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

I would legalize the Constitution.
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i would do the opposite of whatever the big "O" is doing ---

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I saw that story on the news and it really warmed my heart, what a great thing to do for him and what a cute kid!! He was Pumped,,for sure!! I love story's like that.

Our hot rod club does allot with Make A Wish and so far the club has donated about 6K from the proceeds from 3 different shows, we also donate to Camp Ta-Kumptka which is a camp for kids with terminal illnesses here in Vt. Both outstanding organizations.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

having survived cancer and recent heart issues, my heart goes out to this kid ( no pun)
    last night I saw a commerical for the st jude foundation ( danny Thomas for you older guys) I listened to those kids full of hope and willingness to beat their cancer, I almost cried, then I realized I said the same thing they were saying only I was in my 50's

as far as the Folks in the phillipines, they also have my sympathy, I survived Hurricane Sandy, I was prepared mentally, with water and food and armed, these poor folks have nothing

as I have posted before my irish group is supporting 10 victims of Sandy, who are still not back on there feet, plus we are assisting the local lutherian church ( yes catholic boys helping out the Lutherian church) for both Thanksgiving and Christmas, plus we still send over boxes to our troops oversea's

so instead of buying another 20 ak mags you really don't need
    find it in your heart to help those who truly need help, its easy to tell who needs it and who pretends
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

as I have posted before my irish group is supporting 10 victims of Sandy, who are still not back on there feet, plus we are assisting the local lutherian church ( yes catholic boys helping out the Lutherian church) for both Thanksgiving and Christmas, plus we still send over boxes to our troops oversea's
    good for you .

we have a guy here who is running the boys an girls club in madison WI . he is from the projects in chicago were he is one of 6 boys who are still alive from his grade school class the rest have been killed by drugs , or gangs or cops . He is up at 4 am am every day an has done some great tings to the club fromthe articles an medai coverage i have seen an from what i have been told by others . he iss african american an he is very vocal about how blacks need to get out of what every situation they are in . As he hhas put it the glup is palcwe will kids will learn an not just shoot pool an play basket ball an hang out . he has really got a lot of support an there a computer center tutors an a lot of stuff that IMO would really help kids of low income familay get a real start . If I was wealth an not broke I would donate to him or the club . I think he is really trying to make a difference .

From what I have heard kids who attend the club are doing way way better in school an some of the older kids who he has helped are now college bound .

I have heard him speak an he dosent seem to be the government owes him or others anything . I have seen him out at 5am driving kids places. I wish we could get the poor off welfare an assistance an give them a fighting chance regardless of color .

MYX wife works for a place called operation fresh start an it trains juvenile delinquents how to build houses an other skills . it way to government funded IMO but they do have some success . an they do build a renovate old homes an resell them to low income people who likey fill them with big screen tvs an put a escalade with 22's in the garage .

I have met a few of the kids who have went through the program an some are serious about havng a future an some seem to be getto wanna b's who are doing it to keep from going to jail . thye do do some nice work . I ust wish my taxes were not paying for all of it . it would be nice if business an others helped support it .
    i do know one graduate has gone on to become a private contracter an has dome well . i guss its bteer than just handing them food stamps an section 8 housing for free .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.