Thread: my pet project

Gunco Rookie campbaker2@bellsouth.net's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Want to Buy/Wanted my pet project

i have always wanted to do this:

i have accumulated then parts for a sten for years & i have always been blocked by the tubular work required. i have a pipe that has the long slot cut and the rest needs to be done.

i'm an old fart now, i am disabled by chronic pain and its pretty bad i've struggled with it for over 40 years. i have a son who is 45 who lives with me who was hurt on a job, & cannot work any longer, not his fault. but he was screwed royally. so i support him.

i have built other rifles, but i was more agile then & then i was rear ended twice while stopped at lights and got hit by old ladies that could not stop.
    one old lady of 83 hit me and was in a hurry to go on a nooner date, she pushed me onto the railroad tracks and the rain was coming ,she took off,
    didn't give a damn. she had to me a guy..

i am considering buying a small milling machine from either harbor freight or ebay, but i don't know if i could use it.

what say guys, anybody out there up for helping out an old fart complete
    a dream..........

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Someone out there with a manufacturer's license can machine you a receiver. But, if you can find someone who has a shop to let you come over and work in would be another way of doing it too. All you need are a drill press, some hand files and, some time plus a bit of skill.

Do you have your semi conversion kit too?

MUSIBIKE

Gunco Rookie campbaker2@bellsouth.net's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

MUSIBIKE: THANKS FOR THE REPLY. I HAVE BEEN THINKING OF THIS FOR 40 YEARS
    I SAW AN AD FOR SOME PARTS THAT WERE HOLDERS FOR THE MAGS, THAT ARE THE MOST DIFFICULT PART TO DO. GETTING THE CUT OUTS DONE IS MY CHIEF CONCERN.

I WANT TO REPLICATE THE STEN, JUST TO DO IT, I DON'T WANT IT TO FIRE. THAT IS ILLEGAL. TO MAKE IT INTO A SEMI IS TO BASTARDIZE IT. I WANT TO DO IT TO SEE WHATTHEY CREATED & COULD FIGHT WITH.

EVERY ONE WHO REMEMBERS THEM SAID " THEY WERE JUNK, THEY SAID DO A STERLING
    BUT THE PARTS ARE OUT OF SIGHT. I HAVE TO MANY MEDICINES TO PAY FOR ME & MY SON & MY WIFE. LAST YEAR I SPENT $25,000 ON DRUGS FOR RX.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

You've waited for 40 years why not take your time and make a semi one. The dummy and the semi are both not correct, so why not have one that actually shoots even if its only semi auto? Work on it 5 minutes a day and you'll be done in no time. You still need to wory about making a dummy gun legally and usually people make the sten dummies on a solid aluminum receiver because the atf has some pretty strict rules on making one out of a steel tube. Shotgun news had an article a while back on how to make a dummy sten. If you can find the article it may help keep you legal.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.