Thread: Aimpoint CS $399 integrated BUIS 80,000 hour battery - My .02 as an owner

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up Aimpoint CS $426 integrated BUIS 80,000 hour battery - My .02 as an owner

Best Bang for the Buck in RedDot sights - IMHO

I have this mounted on an UltiMak.

Aimpoint CS only available From Midway on sale$426 (was $599) - Till OOS or -
    MidwayUSA - Aimpoint CS Red Dot Sight 26mm Tube 1x 2 MOA Dot with Integrated Picatinny-Style Mount Matte

I just got mine about 4 weeks ago. Holds zero perfect - Built like a tank.

I had held off for a long time moving to a High Tech sight - I guess that it is years of working in the Hi-Tech field - that has kept me old school - it takes a lot for Iron sights not to work when you need them.

I have seen to much high tech equipment - have issues - dead batteries, switches that you have to turn on etc,

In a Life or death situation - I want something that is grab and go, why add one extra step to slow you down.

I was sold when I saw the Integrated BUIS. I had chewed on the Trijicon Reflex Sight and the Meprolight reflex and the other self-powered sights.

The CS is also always on; I leave it on about the 12th or 13th position with 80,000+ hour battery life - this was important for Home defense or in Grab-n-go for CQB.

The front flip up sight is waterproof and dust proof, but is not transparent - (I found that it did'nt matter - The open eye co-witness - paper plates at 25 yards with the flip up cover closed -reassured me that it did'nt matter open or closed ( you still get the red dot and it is superimposed when your using two-eyes).

This is first a Close Combat Optic sight and a extended range second. It is 1MOA ( but the rifle has to be 1MOA as well )

The other issue that had stopped me is that your investment did'nt stop with just the Sight, it was all the extras that added up quickly. i.e. $26 rubber cover, $36 Kill Flash, $17 See through rear cover, $54 Flip up Front cover, $94 Twist mount. The CS comes with all these standard - One thing would have made it perfect would have been a user replaceable AA battery. I am ready to buy one more.

Last edited by Oregun; 04-22-2009 at 01:12 AM.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

The non-user replaceable battery and the $600.00 price tag kills it. I leave my CompM2 on all the time and just replace the battery once a year. I paid 350 for it before the Obama inspired madness and spent another 125 on a mount and killflash. The battery goes into an LED light for the remainder of it's life so it is not even wasted.

-yarro

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by yarro View Post
    The non-user replaceable battery and the $600.00 price tag kills it. I leave my CompM2 on all the time and just replace the battery once a year. I paid 350 for it before the Obama inspired madness and spent another 125 on a mount and killflash. The battery goes into an LED light for the remainder of it's life so it is not even wasted.

-yarro

I do a agree that a AA is better - but the price on sale now is Price dropped to $426.25 - Still a great deal at this price.

You can pick up replacement batteries for about $2.75 to $3 - for a Lithium 3.7V AA sized battery.

I figure that in a few months - I can google a how to replace the battery - as is the case with items like this.

Google is your friend - But your still almost 3X the juice in those 3.7V Li AA's.

Great deal while it last -

I live in a eskimoe village of 200 great hunting & fishing
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I bought one also and wish I had bought three great site good deal love the way it works Kim

Feedback Score

If anyone wants to sell their Aimpoint CS, I would like to buy it at the $426 price. Thanks!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.