Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HELPFUL ADVICE FOR ME ANYONE ????

Feedback Score

Default HELPFUL ADVICE FOR ME ANYONE ????

I love everything that goes boom and especilly the sound of my money chattering through a auto machine !!!!! But i've noo idea how to get the proper licencing and or tax stamps or even what a tax stamp is???? any one who would help me on my way ??? Does it cost alot of money

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Generally tax stamps themselves are $200. It is the cost of the NFA item itself that begins to be cost prohibitive in most cases. There are a few exceptions with NFA items (transfers of AOWs at $5, and form 5 transfers from government agencies for free). If you give us a better idea of what you are looking for we might be better fit to respond to your inquiry.

Feedback Score

I would just like to be able to own a fully automatic weapon or convert my own i dont know what exactly is leagal ant not ? this is why i joined this site- to learn

Feedback Score

what are AOW's and form five transfers

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

AOWs are "any other weapons", they are made up of mostly shotguns with pistol grips and short barrels, and disguised weapons. Form 5 transfers are a rarity, but are tax free. they only occur when transferring to or from a government entity and a few other rare occasions. Most transfers to private individuals are done on an ATF form 4 and come with a $200 tax stamp.

Feedback Score

this tax stamp is it a one time thing and so if i'm understanding you right as long as i can afford the gun itself -cause i know the ones i've seen at my local gun shows are so expensive i thought the price ammount was a serial number - over a hundred thousand - i just pay the tax stamp fee ??? What about changing a semi to full is it possible and then what do you do so as not to get into trouble ????

Feedback Score

i guess i never answered your question the only full auto gun i'm looking to build or obtain is an AK. I have two already but just semi rifles

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

If you are legal to own a rifle, then in most states you are legal to own a machine gun. Find the AK you want. It will have to be transferable (made or converted before May 1986) , pay for it, do the paper work (finger printing and Sheriff sign off) . If your buying it in your home state it usually will take @ 2 months. If you are buying it from out of state, you can double the time because it will take two transfers.

You are obviously not a federally licensed manufacturer or dealer, so you will not be able to convert a semi to full auto. Some members on this board are licensed to do so, but it is for Military or Law Enforcement sales or demonstration, not for civilians.

When you are looking for one, you see tags like "transferable" or "pre 86". That's what you'll be looking for. Expect to pay @ $15,000 or more for a transferable AKM. Most likely it will be Chinese or a converted Chinese. Don't bother looking at the "post 86" or "dealer sample" machine guns.

Feedback Score

i must be a young pup to you guys haha

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 555th View Post
    If you are legal to own a rifle, then in most states you are legal to own a machine gun. Find the AK you want. It will have to be transferable (made or converted before May 1986) , pay for it, do the paper work (finger printing and Sheriff sign off) . If your buying it in your home state it usually will take @ 2 months. If you are buying it from out of state, you can double the time because it will take two transfers.

You are obviously not a federally licensed manufacturer or dealer, so you will not be able to convert a semi to full auto. Some members on this board are licensed to do so, but it is for Military or Law Enforcement sales or demonstration, not for civilians.

When you are looking for one, you see tags like "transferable" or "pre 86". That's what you'll be looking for. Expect to pay @ $15,000 or more for a transferable AKM. Most likely it will be Chinese or a converted Chinese. Don't bother looking at the "post 86" or "dealer sample" machine guns.
    That's pretty much the process, consider purchasing through a revocable living trust as well. No finger prints or local signoffs. I know you want an AK, so you're kind of stuck on the price.

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info....roducts_id/414

It's an AK action and it's only $12k, problem is that it's .308 which is about 2x more expensive to shoot.

Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.