Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: pps43

Feedback Score

Default pps43

Thinking of doing a pps43 build. Gunthings.com has kits with barrels for $155.
    What is the deal with the trunnion on this kit? Will I need to buy a trunnion? They have one for sale on the same site for $65. I think Will try to build it with an ak fcg.

Feedback Score

yes you will need a trunion, reciver flat (gunthings), and some time with a file or mill to remove the FA part of the bolt. there are prints on diffrent forms for the trunion and reciver. it is not a easy build but it can be done. most builds are now using reminton 870 fcg for easy 922r count. but some have tried the AK fcg and I have not found a " yes with a AK fcg" and working yet. muttman

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

You can make your own trunnion but it will require a lathe, a mill would help also. You also need a little formed sheetmetal "link" that fastens the upper to the lower, usually included with the commercial trunnions but it doesn't look too difficult to make yourself. Besides the flats, at least one company makes a pre-fromed upper repair channel, no holes but it is already curved into shape. Looks like it would be a lot easier than trying to roll the flat around a pipe to form it.

Feedback Score

hi,i am going to try same deal,onley i got great deal on GB put will still need same suplies military suplley is a good sorce also googled pps 43 and got alot back on lt of parts- and info on building one--remington trigger group seems to be the way to go--good luck dave locke ps:there are compleat tuterals out there

Feedback Score

I found an article in Shotgun News about building the PPS43 unfortunately I got part 2 and don't have part 1. I haven't read the article but I skimmed that they were using AK parts instead of Remington 870 FCG. Does anyone know where I can hook up with a copy of part 1?
    Militia of one

Feedback Score

Check the link to Weapons Guild & look for PPS 43 you'l like what you find there

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dazysnow View Post
    I found an article in Shotgun News about building the PPS43 unfortunately I got part 2 and don't have part 1. I haven't read the article but I skimmed that they were using AK parts instead of Remington 870 FCG. Does anyone know where I can hook up with a copy of part 1?
    If it was within the last five years or so, I have it .Issues prior to that are scattered all over S.W. Florida. Now finding it................................ Give me a date & I'll look for you.
    Brad
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    You can make your own trunnion but it will require a lathe, a mill would help also. You also need a little formed sheetmetal "link" that fastens the upper to the lower, usually included with the commercial trunnions but it doesn't look too difficult to make yourself. Besides the flats, at least one company makes a pre-fromed upper repair channel, no holes but it is already curved into shape. Looks like it would be a lot easier than trying to roll the flat around a pipe to form it.
    All,
    I have started on the link ( working on 3 0f 4 now, buddy build) the trunion will be the easy part, bending a flat wont be to bad. the hard part for me is the fcg (gain 3 922 parts). I would like to use an AK fcg but have not found a good cut here, drill this size, type of how too. this has me leary of this build. I was thinking of cutting off the mag well and making a lower to use with the AK fcg like the one progect guns made using the AR fcg has some body given this a thought? muttman

Feedback Score

Default I have

I have built several of them if ya go the AK FCG route you'll need a double hook one as you will have to cut off a hook closest to the return spring for it to clear You will also need to cut the hammer & re-weld it as it will hit the top of the receiver in its travel to hit the back of the Bolt

For a receiver the cloest to original ones are Sten parts & Little Rhodey's from Weaponsguild. Home & yes the trunnion & bracket are needed. stenparts gives the braket free with there receivers & liitle rhodey sells a trunnion as well for alot less than the others out there tell them Rocco sent ya

Feedback Score

after looking over the new SGN and the pps41 fcg I think I can mod an AK fcg to fit in a pps43. does not look that hard just a time eater. muttman

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.