Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By nhgunnut

Thread: Got a RAS 47 , and I am shocked at how nice it is.

Feedback Score

Default Got a RAS 47 , and I am shocked at how nice it is.

So after I saw the Zhukov Furniture I ordered a Plumb Set with the Idea of putting it on my AK74 but when it arrived I simply couldn't bring myself to cut the forward sling loop and Hand Guard retainer off so I set the furniture aside. I was considering building out a kit to put it on when I stumbled across a review of the RAS 47 .Then I looked at a couple online reviews . I priced a barreled kit and receiver and a RAS 47 was about 40 dollars more. So despite some past experiences with Century that had left me leery I decided to take a risk knowing that it would be likely I would have to address one of the QC issues mentioned in the early reviews.
    When it arrived I was shocked, fit and finish was so good that I would not have been surprised to have been taking it out of a box marked Arsenal or Krebs . ( currently own 3 Arsenals) The finish is consistent and very nicely colored and textured how it will hold up only time will tell.
    The blonde wood is some of the prettiest I have seen on a AK in a very long time. ( I considered leaving it on the gun it is so nice) everything is straight as an arrow. riveting looks perfect and everything is tight and there are no rattles. As others noted it lacks a cleaning rod and cleaning rod. It also has , what has to be the goofiest pistol grip I have ever seen or felt. Also the Century Shepards hook will be getting switched out.
    It was nice enough that I left it alone for a day then last sunday I rolled up my sleeves and grabbed a dremel and did the deeds

I am no expert but if you are considering building a custom AK rifle the RAS 47 seems like a great foundation to start with and I hope Century will will produce a RAS 74

Gunco Good ole boy 2ndAmendican's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Looks good. Thanks for the review. I've been wondering about if that furniture would grow on me, and it has. That looks nice. Modern and fresh.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

i like it very much & would love to know where you found all of the pieces at the same place.

so far ive only found a stock "here" or a front guard "there"..

looks real good ... spill a link for us!
    say what you mean & mean what you say

im here to build stuff.... not cry about "how things used to be"
    YES, i work for TEC Tactical.. 07/02 SOT

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf View Post
    i like it very much & would love to know where you found all of the pieces at the same place.

so far ive only found a stock "here" or a front guard "there"..

looks real good ... spill a link for us!
    I actually didn't find all the stuff in the same place . When the local funshop guys got back from Shot and showed me the lit on the Zhukkov I decided I wanted it. I happen to be standing in-the about 3 months later when they were on the phone to a wholesaler who was taking the order when I heard one guy say to the other do we want any Zhukovsets , I butted in and said yes you do order me a Plumb set. It came through but didn't have the pistol grip so I just ordered in direct from Magpul. If you can stand paying retail ordering from Magpul may be the quickest way of getting everything.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

That thing is tight!
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

thanx for da info!
    say what you mean & mean what you say

im here to build stuff.... not cry about "how things used to be"
    YES, i work for TEC Tactical.. 07/02 SOT

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.