Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NDS-65 Single hook or double?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default NDS-65 Single hook or double?

I'm anxious to get going on my AMD-65 build and want to order my compliance parts before I get the receiver. I'm going to build it on a Nodak Spud NDS-65 receiver. Does anybody know if I need a double hook or single hook trigger?

Thanks

Feedback Score

I'd get the double hook, just because. There is no real difference, but the double hook adds a backup one, even though I've never heard of one break.

If they are the same price get the double, if the single is cheaper by a dollar or more then get that one...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

What was this craq I use to hear about trigger slap with the single?22222222222222222222222
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Sounds good. I was not aware that the double hook ones would fit in both. They're the same price, so I'm good to go. Thanks for your help.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

If you get the double you'll need to cut another slot in the receiver, it's setup for a single.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    If you get the double you'll need to cut another slot in the receiver, it's setup for a single.
    Huh, I did not think of that... It'd be easy enough to cut the other slot, but why would you buy a pre-made receiver if you wanted to do metalwork.

Here's a picture I found.
    NDS-65 top - Gunco.net Gallery

Get the single hook, it'll be easier for you.

Feedback Score

There was an issue with the Tapco G2 being used on the NDS-65 that was based off of the NDS-3. If you have a newer one based off of the NDS-1 you're GTG. A single hook G2 will work just fine in the newer NDS-65.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Well I got excited and ordered the double hook one. I guess patience is a virtue...Is there any way to convert the double hook to single hook without altering the receiver? Can I just cut it?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Can I just cut it?
    Yep, cut off the right hook. You can just set the trigger in the receiver and you'll see what needs to be trimmed.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

You can cut the extra hook off and actualy if done right it can be cut and fitted so that it will act as a over travel stop. single hooks are easier to tune and work to get the best accuracy out of your gun. a doble hook can be tuned but you have twice the work and it has to be sycronised to be identiacal on bolth sides. I would have spent a extra 30-40 dollars and got the redstar adjustable one. the trigger is one of the single biggest improvements you can make to a AK. the tapcos and all the others are not very good in regards to feel and let off ect. they siply exist to make complicne. its a shame some dont make a decent trigger for $50 but I suspose all the variance in recivers ect would make that tough. when you get your tapco polich the areas were the trigger catches the hammer as well as were the carrier rides over the hammer. dont remove any maateril just polish it. that will be start in good trigger. MY AMDs all shoot good groups and the trigger is big part of it.

IMOO a two stage light pull set up is the best bet for a carry around in the feild AK t gives relabilty and good safety and yet a consistant break on the second stage.

for a target build then a single stage very light set up like on my car,it rig is the way to go. but it will occasionaly bump fire and is very very touchy You dont pack it loaded.

what you orderd will work fine compare it to you factory one and you will see what can be cut off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

ak 47 third hole

early chinese ak-47 withount manufacturer stamp
norinco 56s-1 in box
norinco ak 56 before serial number
unmarked ak47
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.