Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 1st x25 starting tomorrow

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default 1st x25 starting tomorrow

been reading on some of the things ya'll have been building. 1) i'm learning 2)trying to convince myself its ok to hack up perfectly good parts 3) based on what i've read, it really is ok to f'up said parts. 4) this place is outstanding

in a nutshell i got this bug/disease/psychosis after doing 3 saiga conversions. for my first magic trick i will be attempting an x25 blowback build. today i got lucky and was given 2 bent flats by a friend that is an AR guy and has "no use" for ak parts. i am delighted because i do not need to bend the 4 flats i have right now.

so after 8 months of searching, reading and asking typical noob questions, i am ready to actually start putting parts together. this will not happen overnite. i have a wife who has her own ideas on how my free time is allocated (honey do's). better yet i read in an ancient thread here (trx iirc) taking you time is better than rushing.

my camera battery is charging. i will start some pix tomorrow. i am sure i will get stuck and need some answers. so big thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    Im going to just get a block of 1 1/4" x 3" steel and start milling when its dont it will look like what im thinking. If I could design on a computer I wouldent be sitting here broke.
    biggun, i can help ya with that. never built an ak but i know cad like the back of my hand
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

Feedback Score

Watch out building these things is a friggin sickness. I've been goin thru the building DTs cuz just got married last June and bought a house and no spare time/change. Gotta keep my priorities and am sitting in a hunting blind at dark thirty as I am writing this. The guys on here are the best and am sure your project will come in time. Best of luck with the build.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

here's the plan

willie the sickness started the minute i registered for this site. everytime i open gunco my head swims.

Feedback Score

Hello smartbomb,
    That should make a cool pistol caliber carbine !!!
    What sort of bolt-carrier do you plan to use ?? Mags and housing ???

VD

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Viper Dude View Post
    Hello smartbomb,
    That should make a cool pistol caliber carbine !!!
    What sort of bolt-carrier do you plan to use ?? Mags and housing ???

VD
    viper

bolt/carrier is still up in the air. i have a romy x39 that i can shim like the 2xtm version. i have an offer of a 74 bolt. given this is blowback i think i can take a liberty or two. i really like the bolt eod has for the x25. $200 is going to be difficult to scrape up. that being said, and reading a bunch of threads by hcpookie/biggun/trx and others i cannot recall, all i really need is a heavy hunk of metal with some slots and holes. i am being overly simple but in reality that all it is. i ran across a 2d cad file of an AKM74SUA1 that is blowback. i took the profile and section view and did a 3d model to see how difficult of a job it would be to get milled.

in my mind, this is a 2 part peice, the bolt and the guide rod. they can either thread or pin together still working the extractor out in drawing. i have simplified the bolt drawing somewhat to make the mill work really straightforward.

as for the mag, its going to be ppsh 41. they are ordered just waiting for delivery

as for the mag well, i really like the clean simplicity of this one. it looks like it is rock and lock just like i'm used to. i am trying to find the build details but have had no luck.

i am in no hurry to get this done. i want to take my time and learn. i do not need to reinvent the wheel. there are many successful builds here i can reference.

Feedback Score

Hello smartbomb,
    If you have access to a metal lathe perhaps you can modify a hardware store bolt to serve as your "bolt". That would require gun drilling the bolt for a firing pin and slotting the head for extractor and ejector... Slotting can be done on a mill or by hand with an angle grinder or die grinder with abrasive discs.

A nut at the back can secure the custom bolt into the carrier. I would avoid using a hardened bolt to drill and carve on.

This could help save re-inventing the wheel and save a few bux.

VD

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

if expediency is the way i go, then the standard 74 or 47 bolt/carrier will do. i would love to mill my own bolt but thats a skill i have yet to acquire. there is a guy not far from here that has a cnc and is a gun builder. he is a friend of a friend. so far i havent had a chance to meet him. hopefully i will get the chance. at this point i have enough to do with the rest of the build.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Nice, an under folder, I'll keep an eye on this.

as for the mag, its going to be ppsh 41.
    as for the mag well, i really like the clean simplicity of this one. it looks like it is rock and lock just like i'm used to. i am trying to find the build details but have had no luck.
    I don't know how the mag well was done on the one in the pic, but the PPsH41 mags go straight in, I don't know if you'll be able to do a rock n lock on those.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Nice, an under folder, I'll keep an eye on this.

I don't know how the mag well was done on the one in the pic, but the PPsH41 mags go straight in, I don't know if you'll be able to do a rock n lock on those.
    i know, its hard to tell by the picture. i really want to find a build write up on this one. i grabbed this image from a thread here a while ago but do not remember whose it is.

yep the underfolder was not what i had in mind when i started collecting parts. the professor put this one up for sale and i jumped on it. it must have been destiny because i was hooked up with 2 underfolder receivers from a friend thursday.

Feedback Score

now I know what the leftover barrel from my M/N pistol will be used for.
    smartbomb, the boldt that eod makes has the k.i.s.s. of life to it dont over think it.
    muttman

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.