Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: .308 Saiga to FAL mag adapter

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default .308 Saiga to FAL mag adapter

I've made an adapter for my Saiga .308 to allow it to use FAL mags. I'm still in the trial stage, but so far, everything works well. I had a little trouble getting it to accept softpoints, but I think I have that worked out. If there's any interest, I'll keep you posted.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Definitely! Always interested in new ideas.
    Freedom is not free. Some will perish to preserve it for the many. Just as our Forefathers did before us, we must take up the battle and not waver. Victory is our only option.

President for Life Field Marshall Doctor Bluedog DaDA Bluedog's Avatar
    Feedback Score

I would prefer one that worked with G3 mags as they are so cheap and I have a metric ton of them, but I'm in for one of a working model. I have all inch mags.
    "if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I would prefer one that worked with G3 mags as they are so cheap and I have a metric ton of them, but I'm in for one of a working model. I have all inch mags.

I started to make one with G3's. The problem was so much machine work would have been needed to the rifle that the average joe wouldn't be able to do it. The G3's are almost as wide as the receiver and would also be a potential weakening problem. I don't mind sewing up a cut, but I'm not really all that keen on amputating a limb. The FAL's will take some machining too, but nowhere near as much and you don't have to do anything to the front trunion rivot, so the strength should not change. With the FAL, you can do it with a dremel in about 30-40 minutes and it will still use the surefire mags as normal.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

I am definatley interested in this. :-)

President for Life Field Marshall Doctor Bluedog DaDA Bluedog's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by renegadebuck View Post
    I started to make one with G3's. The problem was so much machine work would have been needed to the rifle that the average joe wouldn't be able to do it. The G3's are almost as wide as the receiver and would also be a potential weakening problem. I don't mind sewing up a cut, but I'm not really all that keen on amputating a limb. The FAL's will take some machining too, but nowhere near as much and you don't have to do anything to the front trunion rivot, so the strength should not change. With the FAL, you can do it with a dremel in about 30-40 minutes and it will still use the surefire mags as normal.
    Well, I am going to buy one. are you working with inch or metric mags?
    "if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Well, I am going to buy one. are you working with inch or metric mags?

It will use either (I think). I have an aluminum one and a steel one that I'm using for fitting and they're not exactly the same size. I worked on it a little more today. If I can get 1 more day into it, it will be finished.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

VERY INTERESTED IN THIS. I WANT TO GET MY MAGS SITUATED BEFORE ANY BANS AND WHAT NOT. IT WOULD BE GREAT TO USE FAL MAGS IN IT.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    VERY INTERESTED IN THIS. I WANT TO GET MY MAGS SITUATED BEFORE ANY BANS AND WHAT NOT. IT WOULD BE GREAT TO USE FAL MAGS IN IT.

I'll try to update you tomorrow. With any luck, I should be able to find a couple hours to wrap it up.

Feedback Score

with something like this i'd have to keep my lil 16'' saiga in 308 !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.