Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ruger Mark1 pistol.

Feedback Score

Default Ruger Mark1 pistol.

This looks like the oldest gun that I have. It is chambered for .22LR. This picture shows Mark111. Mine is a Mark1. I bought it in 1961. I paid $37.50 for it. That was so much money at that time that I had to buy it on layaway! I didn't have any guns at the time and I had a wife and two small children, so I wanted to have something for protection.
    It has been a great gun! I don't have any idea of how many shots that I have put through it, but it's a lot. I taught 6 children to shoot using this gun. I still like it and plan to have it the rest of my life. It has been great!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I bought mine new after my boot camp tour at Paris Island in 74.I was 21.Forget what I payed for it. I traded it for a 15" color TV with another Marine at Yorktown in 77.I'm looking into getting a Ruger 22/45 Lite when prices get normal again.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Paid around $50 for my first one.
    I've had several different models over the years.
    One of the best semi auto 22s for the money.

My current is a MKII much like the pic above.

Shooter

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter17 View Post
    Paid around $50 for my first one.
    I've had several different models over the years.
    One of the best semi auto 22s for the money.

My current is a MKII much like the pic above.

Shooter
    Same here Shooter MKII.. Went too the local range and a guy was firing one at a hundred yards.. I asked if I could try it? Sure.. Be damned if I did not hit the target and I am getting old and blind..
    Had to have one.. $350 my Bro found me one. Like new in the box..
    Still have not fired it. In the gun room where it sits..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I have MK 1 its a later model that uses both MK1 and MK11 mags, far from the oldest firearm I own, nice plinker, but with 22lr going for 30 cents a round shes taking a nap
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

The only thing I've done to my Mk 1 is touch up the front site with white fingernail polish, my old eyes aren't what they used to be.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and goverment, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so that the second will not become the legal version of the first" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

I've got a MK11 target bull bbl that I adore. When new she was ammo sensitive and the trigger was sucky, but age and use has smoothed out the works. Very acurrate and reliable also. I think I paid a whopping 120.00 for it in the mid 80's.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've been looking around for a MK 11 for a while and have only found beat up ones so far. I'm looking for a 4" or 5.5" bull barrel one in ex shape. Anybody got one they may want to part with??? I've had a bunch over the years and for some reason or the other have traded off all of them, now looking for another. I hate the MK3's and 22/45's to many saftey features on the MK3's and the 22/45,,,well, part plastic,, I rest my case!!! You know me!!!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

First to comment on part of what TWA mentioned. The 22/45 are nice if you get the first generation, which are the MKII series, the only down side is the mag is different then the standard MK series (the Luger looking ones). So other then the mag issue, don't pass one up if you find one.
    The MKIII series just suck and it doesn't matter what model you get, too many safety features that over complicate the design.

I have a MKII 22/45 I bought back in 94 or 95 and it out shoots me, a couple times the planets were aligned just right that I was able to put all ten rounds in one ragged hole, but most of the time I'm just happy to keep them within a 4" target.
    The only thing I did so far was replace a few of the small springs, and I don't think I really had to because I didn't notice any difference, I have no idea how many rounds were put through it, never kept track.
    But one thing I know for sure is I can put 2k+ rounds through it before it gets sluggish and needs to be cleaned.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

About ten years ago i bought my 22/45 with a 5" barrel.
    Nothing bad to say about it except when i take it apart and want to put it back together... WTF? Is it just me? Almost every time i break a sweat putting that thing back together.
    Anyway, with the price of ammo it will be some time till i'll have to clean it again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.