Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bakelite AK47 7.62x39 30rd mag ID

Feedback Score

Default Bakelite AK47 7.62x39 30rd mag ID

I just got an AK47 mag in 7.62x39. It was supposed to be a 5.45 mag for a 74. The only markings I can see on it is 34"A" at the bottom of the left side. The "A" looks kind of like a tall skinney A, probably a letter from another language. I have never seen bakelite mags in 7.62x39.

Can anyone help me identify this mag?

Thx-Ace

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Post up a pic!
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Sounds like a Soviet bakelite. Well-made and look great on the right AK. Is it orange?

Does it look like this: http://www.ak-47.net/images/mags/7.6...n_bakelite.gif
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score

If you hold the bottom of the right side just right and look through the ground off area you can see a star. So I guess it is a sanatized Tula?

I have images but I need to get an account somewhere to post images (photo bucket, etc). I need one that is gun friendly and works well with a SLOW connection. Any suggestions?

Thx-Ace

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I use photobucket, though if you get your membership here past a certain point, your images can be hosted at Gunco, as well.

I like forum hosting best, if your remote picture host goes belly up or you delete an old pic the forum loses your contribution.

I only own one Soviet bakelite, a Tula from arsenal 33 B. These mags range in price from around $50-100.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

acem, put the pic on your pc, when you reply use the "Go Advanced" button. Below were you type in your reply there's a black bar across the screen, below that is a button "Manage Attachments", hit that, then the "browse" button to find it on your pc, then hit "upload". This will load it right to the thread from your pc.

Feedback Score

Here are the images. I could not see the images untill It was dark outside and I had the inside light. During the day I have the windows open and the light is diffues, at night the bulbs give more contrast making it easier to see through the grind mark.

Thanks for the info on how to upload pics!

The mag is used and is scratched up some (you can see it in the pics). Since this is a sanatized Tula mag should I be able to trade it for a 45rd 74 mag?

Thx-Ace
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

It's a Russian bakelite mag. IIRC, it filled a niche between the original Russian slabside mags and the ribbed mags. Well-used like that one appears to be, it's worth probably $40-50.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Your welcome.

I don't know much about all the mags out there, but I agree with SJ, you should beable to get that for it. Put a want to trade ad in the classifieds or sell it out right.

Good luck

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

These mags are real collectables. But, I just don't see them being worth so much? Good old steel blued Bulgarian mags are the best ones in the world.
    M U S I B I K E

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.