Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Source for stock Saiga FCG?

Feedback Score

Default Source for stock Saiga FCG?

I am considering returning a "converted" rifle back to the original configuration, but I don't have the original fcg. I have found plenty of "conversion" fire control groups for Saiga, but does anyone sell the factory stock versions (new or used). The .308 style would work best, but I am open to other options.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

You'd be better off putting a WTB ad in the classifieds area, and also put one up at the Saiga forum.
    Or get a hold of a company(s) that do conversions, just ask for a bunch of the left over parts and sort through them.

Easiest ways I can think of.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

if your rifle is not a 308 then dont use that set up. it is possably the worst trigger ever installed in a modern fire arm. the type that use the extra holes are much much better.

Id call some of the cionversion places and im sure they would be happy to help.

Why go back to stock BTW??????????

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    Why go back to stock BTW??????????
    I unfortunately live in California, which has several laws regarding rifles and magazines. If a pistol grip is present (regular AKs and ARs), then a "fixed" magazine required. If the rifle has a "regular" stock, then detachable magazines (10 round max.) can be used.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Wait a minute, you might want to check the laws a little closer, or hopefully someone from that state will chime in.
    But I thought you could have a pistol grip if you need to use a tool to remove the mag?

Here look at this thread, he lives in Comifornia and has one of those mag release things, he also added the barrel extension so he could keep the folder.
    http://www.gunco.net/forums/f50/my-f...ugo-m70-52947/
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Wait a minute, you might want to check the laws a little closer, or hopefully someone from that state will chime in.
    But I thought you could have a pistol grip if you need to use a tool to remove the mag?

Here look at this thread, he lives in Comifornia and has one of those mag release things, he also added the barrel extension so he could keep the folder.
    http://www.gunco.net/forums/f50/my-f...ugo-m70-52947/
    You are correct, there are ways around the gun laws; something I have had to become all to familar with.

What I am trying to do is get around the preconceived notion that some gun ranges have that ALL AKs are illegal in California, and for some even a complete explaination on my part about why mine is legal is not enough. A regular Saiga is just fine with them, but put a pistol grip on it and you are no longer welcome. All I want to do is shoot and not raise alot of negative interest from others.

Sorry for the rant

PS: I did get a heads-up on some trigger parts from another forum member. I appreciate the help.
    Last edited by Woodworker2; 05-23-2010 at 08:50 PM. Reason: added a PS

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

That would just suck... We often have the same kind of issue around here where the ranges think if the bullet attracts a magnet that it is automatically steel core and won't let you shoot the ammo at the range.

pat

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i may have some of those in my junk box. it would be tough to pull off an adjustable red star trigger and put a stock on back on wouldn't it?!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

WW2,
    I don't see your reply as a rant, unless you want it to be , thanks for explaining your situation, it does make sence.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

no joy on the stock saiga fc parts. i must have give them away last year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.