Thread: 9X19 AK using MP5 Mags?

Feedback Score

Default 9X19 AK using MP5 Mags?

First off, glad to be here. I have scoured over nearly every page of these BIY threads and really enjoy this site. I can tell this is going to be a lifelong hobby.

Has anyone built an AK that uses mp5 magazines?
    I have looked at all the 9mm offerings and I really like the bananna mag look.

I know they will be expensive, but it seems it would not be that hard to get a magwell from a flat.

Also, has anyone made a AK that uses glock 18 mags? A 33rd mag might be neet and the magwell is easily attainable as well.
    Thanks guys, this hobby is amazing.

Feedback Score

welcome to site Frog Im sure someone will be along that no's a little about a 9x19 build
    Im currently working on a 7.62x25 using ppsh-41 mags.
    My favorite part of this site is AK's in other calibers
    again welcome

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The clone MP5 mags were the ones I think I would look into getting. They appear to be a very close match to the Vityaz SMG mags.

Modern Firearms - PP-19-01 Vityaz
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie View Post
    The clone MP5 mags were the ones I think I would look into getting. They appear to be a very close match to the Vityaz SMG mags.

That things super sexy.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie View Post

I would buy a PP-19-01 Vityaz clone in a heartbeat!!!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

that thing is cool. I often wonder if there not copying some of our home builds at this point. LOL. it looks like what home bulder have been doing. when was that gun developed????

I wish the bolt was avaliable some were or I could get my hands on a entire gun for a few weeks to clone some parts.

BTW CFS has korean MP5 mags for $14.99. there are a lot of 9mm mags in differant shapes and sizes to choose from when buliding a 9mm.

Im playing around with a home made flat that instead of cutting a mag well opening Im goint to cut a slot and bend the bottom down to hopefully form a begining of and most of a mag well. If done right there should be almost a 1 1/8 hanging down smoothly intergrated into the reciver as one piece. I got the idea when messing with making a G3 mag well that needed to be welded into the reciver out of .060 4130 . Im still playing with the idea in soft standard sheet metal at this point. I have a idea for a jig that will bend the flat and then push the taps down. Im looking at this for a x25 build mainly but 9mm is the same basic set up only the mag well is slightly longer.

I really wish you could go from pistol to rifle and back legaly. Id love to have 6" pistol 16" rifle combo set in a case with attachable stock with out all the SBR BS. a interchangebale barrel set would be slick and add a lot of versitility to a blow back pistol calibur build.

there is not much on one of those guns that cant be copied pretty closely. it would be a cool project. Im not in love with the standard RSB position as well as the added weight it would bring. Galil style sight would be a much better lighter way to go. really no need for the gas tube or non operatonal GB either. simple guide rod set up would be much much lighter. It seems like the russian designers wont think out side the box. Its like they just reuse what they already have and know.

I see that in the saiga stuff also. I want to scream when I see one of those guns. with just a little more work and a few pennys more the sagia could be a decent sporting rifle out of the box but instead they just wont make a few decent piecces like a RSB that will take a normal weaver rail and decent trigger an please put some better furniture on them.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.