Thread: Filed my first form 1 for an SBR today

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Default Filed my first form 1 for an SBR today

I moved to Oregon for a reason. Building one of these...SIG 522 SBR

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Question Chip..

You doing the trust or the Police Chief sign off?
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Trust. Ive done several on silencers but this is my first SBR. Couldn't do them in Washington. Spent 9 minutes filling out an Oregon specific trust yesterday with willmaker and got the docs notarized this morning. I suppose I could have gotten the sheriff signoff but after having done several on trusts its just so easy that going conventional doesnt much make sense any more..

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Tursts only way too go..

On your form 1. Make sure you put the "full" trust name.
    The Joe Smith trust, or whatever you used for a name. They will send it back if you do not. Dont ask me how I know.
    I did my trust through an attorney. It required two witnesses, with addresses who know you. Plus the notary.
    Send copies of the trust. Plus your Drivers license, carry permit, any Federal licenses you hold make copies. Seems too speed it up.
    My neighbors are Sheriffs and I am sure I could get the Chief too sign.
    But for me, it is an all day drive too get too the station. So much easier doing it rite from your home.
    Remember too send the original form 1. I made copies and sent the copy. Back again. Dont ask me how I know.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Thats why when I drafted the trust I made it short. "MCP Trust". I have to engrave it on the receiver and I didnt want to make the mistake I made with my last trust and spell out my entire name plus "revocable living trust".

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile

Good thinking.... Pirate told me he was going too put.
    Asshole Florida instead of Astor Florida.
    I was a little nervous until I got my receivers back.
    Imagine an L.O. checking the weapon. Where is asshole Fla.
    Remember if you take it out of state. You have too fill out a form, at least here in Fla. we do.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Question Hey Chip...

Quote Originally Posted by chipmechanic View Post
    Thats why when I drafted the trust I made it short. "MCP Trust". I have to engrave it on the receiver and I didnt want to make the mistake I made with my last trust and spell out my entire name plus "revocable living trust".
    I just called the ATF. Talked too a chick sounded hot.
    Anyways. I thought in one of our posts you mentioned blanket form 5320 for our NFA weapons.
    Agent said their is a form 5 if you croak. For transfer too someone.
    Is that form item specific too you State? Or did I read it wrong. Hell I dont know maybe I was dreaming. Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Form 5320 is Federal:

Welcome to TitleII.com

Required when transporting certain NFA items out of your state of residence, say ya wanna take your MG to Knob Creek to make some noise, you would need to get permission first via the form. If you ask to take it to a state where MGs are Verbotten, they will not approve.

The Form 5 is a non-taxable transfer of an NFA item. Usual use is transfer between SOT paid dealers or a tax free inheritance for non-FFLs.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    Form 5320 is Federal:

Welcome to TitleII.com

Required when transporting certain NFA items out of your state of residence, say ya wanna take your MG to Knob Creek to make some noise, you would need to get permission first via the form. If you ask to take it to a state where MGs are Verbotten, they will not approve.

The Form 5 is a non-taxable transfer of an NFA item. Usual use is transfer between SOT paid dealers or a tax free inheritance for non-FFLs.
    You the Man.. Even the ATF chick did not know that.

Feedback Score

deleted
    Last edited by jlwilliams; 03-06-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.