Thread: Got my Uzi reciever repair section today

Feedback Score

Default Got my Uzi reciever repair section today

Just got my Uzi reciever section and I see JG Sales has parts kits again. Has anyone built a Uzi as a 40? thanks Mike

Feedback Score

I have built a 40 S&W and a 357 Sig Uzi and I saw one in 10 mm. For 40 S&W you need a 45 ACP bolt with a 9 mm extractor installed in it. It works perfectly. I tried the 41 Action Express magazines first, thinking they would be best for the fatter cartridge. The 9 mm magazine works 100 percent and surprisingly the 41 AE magazine does not. No changes to the 9 mm magazine are required. The 10 mm conversion I saw used a 9 mm full auto bolt with the bolt face opened up. I used a semi auto 45 ACP bolt and added the 9 mm extractor which made for a perfect fit on the 40 S&W rim.

Feedback Score

Default Rikoshay gave me a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by allesennogwat View Post
    I have built a 40 S&W and a 357 Sig Uzi and I saw one in 10 mm. For 40 S&W you need a 45 ACP bolt with a 9 mm extractor installed in it. It works perfectly. I tried the 41 Action Express magazines first, thinking they would be best for the fatter cartridge. The 9 mm magazine works 100 percent and surprisingly the 41 AE magazine does not. No changes to the 9 mm magazine are required. The 10 mm conversion I saw used a 9 mm full auto bolt with the bolt face opened up. I used a semi auto 45 ACP bolt and added the 9 mm extractor which made for a perfect fit on the 40 S&W rim.
    I saw the post on Akfiend's thread about trimming the ends and welding in the stubs and found a company who sells the reciever section without the ends so you can do just like Rikoshay posted. Saved me some money and thanks for the info about building a 40 Uzi, it helps a lot when you are gathering the parts.

Feedback Score

Default Well used 9mm barrel

Quote Originally Posted by allesennogwat View Post
    I've got a well used 9mm barrel, would it be good to go?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by kamf181 View Post
    I've got a well used 9mm barrel, would it be good to go?
    You want to make a 40 S&W Uzi? You'll need a 40 caliber barrel. The original 9 mm barrels I've had were chrome lined. For 357 Sig I used a commercial 9mm barrel and reamed the chamber for 357 Sig. There are (were) some 40 caliber barrels available. Do you mean you have a 9 mm bolt? I think the 9 mm bolt might put the extractor to close to the rim but it is slightly adjustable by rotating it. I never saw the 10 mm one function. The owner was selling the parts. I wonder if it worked at all. The 45 ACP bolt puts the 9 mm extractor right where it needs to be for 40 S&W. Using a 9 mm may or may not work. The bolt face would need machining and the extractor hook might need to be ground down a bit, but there isn't much there to begin with. It may or may not need modifying. The position of the 9 mm extractor in the 45 ACP bolt is perfect for 40 S&W.

Feedback Score

Default Ends are about ready to weld on

Here's my repair section, I decided to use Akfiends idea and trim the ends to fit the repair section.
    [/IMG]

Search tags for this page

uzi bending jig

uzi flat

uzi flat bending die

uzi flat bending jig

uzi flat bending jig for sale
uzi flat bending jigs
uzi flats

uzi receiver flat bending jig

uzi receiver repair section

uzi weld kit
uzi welder receiver for sale

welding flat uzi

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.