Thread: ACOG 3.5x35 Ė Hazy Glass

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default ACOG 3.5x35 Ė Hazy Glass

I have a chance to buy this ACOG (3.5x35 wi .308 Reticle) at a ridiculously low price but itís Mil-Surp and the front and rear glass have mild scratches all over making it pretty hazy. Iím not sure it can be a fruitful purchase. Because itís mil-surp Iím told that if I send it to Trijicon they will confiscate it. Is this true? I donít know what they would charge to service this but is it even serviceable by anyone other than Trijicon?
    I was told that some kind of glass polishing business might be able to buff it out. Would Trijicon sell the glass?

Thoughts? Ideas?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I would contact Trijicon, just say "I bought it used" then tell them what's wrong with it and see what they say.

You most likely could have it buffed/polished out, but I'd see what Trijicon says first.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Buffing out glass is bound to build in distortion. The problem is how do you buff it flat or to the original contour? Factory replacement is the only fix, IMO.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.