Thread: What Anaesthetic Choices Do You Have In A Post-Collapse World?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default What Anaesthetic Choices Do You Have In A Post-Collapse World?

What Anaesthetic Choices Do You Have In A Post-Collapse World?

thedailysheeple.com / By Lizzie Bennett / February 25th, 2014

It would be stupid to think that post-collapse nobody is ever going to need an anaesthetic, of course they are, and for that reason knowing where the nearest doctor is, or better still having one in your group would be everyone’s number one choice. Sadly, not everyone is going to know where a doctor is, and few will be fortunate enough to have one in their group.

In a post-collapse world we are all going to have to make some very stark choices based on what we are capable of, or what we perceive ourselves to be capable of.

Although old western movies will have you thinking that the application of a hot towel by a woman in a long dress and a snow white apron will cure any bullet wound, sadly, this is not the case. Often trying to treat a patient without anaesthesia will result in them going into shock, which in itself is enough to kill them.

This article is not about you doing brain surgery on the kitchen table, or digging bullets out of someone’s gut when a hunting trip goes wrong. It is simply to inform you of the choices available to you should you not be able to get qualified help.

Anaesthetics are a tricky business, monitoring the patients vital signs and maintaining their airway is a balancing act that requires knowledge of anatomy and physiology, as well as a huge amount of knowledge about the anaesthetic drugs available, and how they work in relation to muscle relaxants. Muscle relaxants are given to soften muscles, allowing surgeons access without the twitching and reflex movements that would otherwise occur.

READ MORE
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

BB I enjoy reading your posts.in the 70's and 80's era mel tappan and others were sorta required reading.you and the next generation will continue to help prepare those that can.

Feedback Score

An interesting article. But in the post zombie collapse, most of the information is useless. Trying to find any of the drugs is going to be extremely hard unless a person begins to stockpile them before the collapse. Then, and I do plead ignorance here, I don't know what their shelf life is. Some drugs can become highly toxic after their expiration date. My credentials for what I am going to now say are shackey to say the least. I have a degree in Biology and a minor in chemistry. You said so yourself, we are not going to be in a sterile surgical facility. More like Rusticus Americanis; a clean kitchen table. Alcohal does not kill germs. It rinses them off the equipment. Heat kills germs. all germs; a good clean flame is the best you're going to get. Rinsing in drinkin' liquor is the next best. Save the liquor for the patient and surgeon. Now for the anesthetic. You will be able for a while to raid the doctor's offices, and even the veternarian's clinic, but not for long. Here is where your nasty ether comes in. Yes it makes people sick, but it will be available for a long time. Every auto store has it in a spray even. It is called starting fluid. You will want the premium stuff without the oil in it. Just remember when it comes to zombies, the code word is improvise.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Big Don reading between the lines people in my age group and in same physical condition are done for. My meds are on a monthly basis and after two months it's up to the young and more healthy.nice to read articles. For my sons. ..

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by stalker1 View Post
    Big Don reading between the lines people in my age group and in same physical condition are done for. My meds are on a monthly basis and after two months it's up to the young and more healthy.nice to read articles. For my sons. ..
    I'm right at that point where my meds keep me at least functional. We stockpiled what we could, but nowhere near enough. My goal is to make it as long as possible to protect/train/inform my kids and grandkids, so that they may have the tools and knowledge of how to survive.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

I am at that age, also. I didn't want to imply anything about the regular prescription drugs. I was stating the argument for anethetics.(sp). Like all prescription drugs, the fancy pain killers will disappear quickly, leaving the old stand by's. alcohol and ether and maybe ice in the winter will be all there is. Anybody can distill alcohol, so it in the end will be the only anesthetic. ether because of the large amount of starting fluid in auto stores will eventually become nonexistant. and in the end maybe the zombies will get me before I begin hurting and need anything else.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

chloroform will probably still be the most available since ti was around first... after that? a hammer.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score

A rawhide strip and a stick? LOL

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Hey! Who's swinging the rawhide strip!!!!!!! Who hoo!LOL

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.