Thread: No more side scope rail for Saiga Shotguns imported?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Default No more side scope rail for Saiga Shotguns imported?

So according to Classic arms says no more Saigas will be imported with the side rails required for putting a standard AK scope mount on them.

Sounds like BS to me. I thought there was legistation that went through that prevented them from implementing inport restrictions on saigas now.

Temp_down

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Specifically this is what I was referring to above.

-- Shotgun Importation Protections. Prohibits the Department of Justice from requiring imported shotguns to meet a “sporting purposes” test that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) has used to prohibit the importation of shotguns with one or more features disliked by the Agency, such as adjustable stocks, extended magazine tubes, etc.

found in this post.
    http://www.gunco.net/forums/f113/maj...-owners-64397/

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I may sell some of my less used toys to get a Saiga 12 at the $499 price.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

There is usually a lead time between when an import permit is submitted and approved and the guns actually arrive on the dock, sometimes months. I have no doubt ATF sent out a letter to the importers with their new "scope rails are evil" mandate at some point. At some later point Congress slapped their hands with the new law and said they couldn't do that. Wanna bet there was never a new letter sent retracting the previous one?

Acting on the (now superceded) letter's requirement to delete the scope rail, we now have these current rail-less Saigas. Maybe future shipments the importers will get the message and order them with rails again. Or not, deleting them probably saves $5 a unit and also prevents it from ever being an issue should the regs change yet again....... It would suck to have a container full of Saigas held up at Customs because the regs changed while the ship was halfway across the Atlantic.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Huh. $499 for a Saiga-12 WITHOUT a scope rail. Let's see... you can buy those rails ANYWHERE for about $30 and with a drill and some time with a rivet squeezer you are still $60 below the current market rate for the cost of a little time on a Saturday. What's the problem here?

And the Kernel is right as usual - I'm still waiting for my -030 model to arrive... ordered last Feb. Patience is a virtue as I'll be one of the lucky few to have the -30 in all its "original" glory. Eventually

Heck for $499 I may have to buy one of these as well! I have a Tantal style rail from DPH that would go PERFECT with a red dot on top of a -12!!!!
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

I see dont the big hoopty do over a scope rail on shotgun there range is short iron sites should work fine.You can always buy rail and install it yourself if feel you cannot live without it.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.