Thread: my finished m16a1 retro clone

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default my finished m16a1 retro clone

first off i posted this

http://www.gunco.net/forums/f255/ar-15-80-build-63636/

then posted this

http://www.gunco.net/forums/f255/buf...uestion-64186/

now she is done, and any flaws in her finish were intentional to match the surplus upper that i bought
    here are the pics
    the electro etching was done by me for the lower
    i got my stencils from TOM L in arizona=he is the same guy that sold his stencils to this guy

http://www.gunco.net/forums/f255/80-...l-style-62495/

any comments and or questions are welcome
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Very nice build

I'll have questions later, got an 80% from carnut and still trying to figure out what setup I want to do with it.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

Nice job earnie. Brings back memories for me..
    They were a good weapon, once they aired out the ammo problems.
    We beat the hell out of them and they kept on ticking.
    For historical interest. They dumped the prong flash supressor because it was getting stuck in the brush.
    Mine was full auto with free ammo.
    Wish I mailed the damn thing home.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

glad to see this! good job!

been wanting to do one of these but the kits all dried up...
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Nice build! I'm not as ancient as 4th but thats what was still being issued when I was in. They give the A2's to the bug eaters(rangers,etc.) first. The one I trained with in basic was worn down to the aluminium and the upper/lower was so loose it flopped around when shook but I was still able to qualify expert w/ it.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Nice job earnie. Brings back memories for me..
    For historical interest. They dumped the prong flash supressor because it was getting stuck in the brush.
    Mine was full auto with free ammo.
    Wish I mailed the damn thing home.
    thanks sir, for historical coolness and the like i put a 3 prong flash hider on this thing, as it to me looks more correct, however=YES TO ALL THE CRITICS an a1 would not have this=i am playing off of it might have been done in feild, as a birdcage might not have been available

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf View Post
    glad to see this! good job!

been wanting to do one of these but the kits all dried up...
    thank you sir=i feel your pain
    this was a pieced together kit if ya will
    1) del-ton for the lightweight barrel assy, and m16 bolt carrier group
    2) apex gun parts , for the following, buttstock assy, buffer tube, buffer, buffer spring, pistol grip, gas tube, gastube roll pin,
    3) fulton armory for the m16 front sight post,detent , and spring
    4)fulton armory for the delta ring stuff, and handguards
    5) dpms for the lower parts kit
    6) brownells for the alumahyde for the finish

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mtdew View Post
    Nice build! I'm not as ancient as 4th but thats what was still being issued when I was in. They give the A2's to the bug eaters(rangers,etc.) first. The one I trained with in basic was worn down to the aluminium and the upper/lower was so loose it flopped around when shook but I was still able to qualify expert w/ it.
    Hi Mtdew,

If you were active during '82-84 all I can say is BULLSHIT! We got these too. And holy crap! Were they shot out! My 400 Meter qualification was a gift from GOD ALMIGHTY! I can do better with my 16" carbine cheapest possible price parts kit abortion of an AR... I was a Ranger, 2nd / 75th during that time....And thank GOD for the high score. I was DM after that and tagged for Sniper cross-training. Got a nice shiney new M-14 with an ART II after that....

So, the bullshit comment really was all about the fact the the 82nd and 101st, along with the 7th and 10th got the A2 first. We got all the crap they were rejecting out. After we got done with it, it went to Honduras to equip the Contras....Till Congress cut that aid off, which set up the whole Iran/Contra mess. But I digress. I fired one of these that was lovingly built by a Vietnam Vet, and with 55Gr. ammo, you could blow the center out of a target at 500 Meters. Really made me re-think the whole 1-12 twist rate.

Regards,
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bellson View Post
    Hi Mtdew,

If you were active during '82-84 all I can say is BULLSHIT! We got these too. And holy crap! Were they shot out! My 400 Meter qualification was a gift from GOD ALMIGHTY! I can do better with my 16" carbine cheapest possible price parts kit abortion of an AR... I was a Ranger, 2nd / 75th during that time....And thank GOD for the high score. I was DM after that and tagged for Sniper cross-training. Got a nice shiney new M-14 with an ART II after that....

So, the bullshit comment really was all about the fact the the 82nd and 101st, along with the 7th and 10th got the A2 first. We got all the crap they were rejecting out. After we got done with it, it went to Honduras to equip the Contras....Till Congress cut that aid off, which set up the whole Iran/Contra mess. But I digress. I fired one of these that was lovingly built by a Vietnam Vet, and with 55Gr. ammo, you could blow the center out of a target at 500 Meters. Really made me re-think the whole 1-12 twist rate.

Regards,
    ^LOL! Proudly served 81-89. Well, all I knew was that us 11B's didnt get them, but I saw some in the hands of some of the hot rod elite units here and there. They did have them berets,but I dont recall the color-Surely u can understand my confusion. I hope I didnt get u riled up,Served with,drank with,fought with some damn fine rangers that were in my unit down in Ft Polk. Nuthin' but love,brother!
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Had standard A1's when I was in the Corps during '82-'84. Shot Expert twice, and Sharpshooter once. (Would have been Expert the last one, but it was freaking February '84, and Camp Lejune was cold. You ran up to the line, shot, and ran back to the range hut to warm up. I was an Airwinger, not a hardcore Grunt.)LOL.

Earnie, looks great. I want to do one of those myself. Built the M4, now I want an A1.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

ar sheet metal upper
homemade ar 180 receiver

sheet metal ar 15 lower

sheet metal ar lower
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.