Thread: New Red Jacket High Reliability AR Platform

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Default New Red Jacket High Reliability AR Platform

Will, sorry for all the problems/stress that you had with getting the prototype completed and tested, but dang bro that is one sweet AR!!!!!! I'm an AK/Saiga guy, and I want one so bad now that I'm dreaming about it. That truly is one fine looking, and obviously running, carbine.

Haven't gone to look at your site yet to see what info is available, or if it's even available to the general public yet, but I'm sure it's out of my current price range. I'll have to sell off a few out of the collection first, I'm sure. I hope you sell a million of them though. Military contract would be awesome. I'm sure the boys in the sandbox could use a nice weapon like that. BIG difference from the old A1 that I carried back in '82.

Keep up the great work!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

I think that in a way the show failed this gun. I dont think it really showed just how big of a deal and just how game changing this gun could really be. Great job Red Jacket!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Thanks guy's , it's a damn solid rifle . We've had it on our website for a couple months now , it's moving pretty good .
    Will Hayden, RedJacket Firearms
    www.Redstick-Firearms.com

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I watched the show, except for all of the interruptions from wife/kids...

I get all of the drama, and I get the whole presentation side of it.

What I do not get is the hydraulic buffer being so important.

Someone please school me on this....I think they are great, but I always looked at this item as a nice to have, not a got to have....What am I missing here?????

Will? Need some instruction here...

Regards,
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bellson View Post
    I watched the show, except for all of the interruptions from wife/kids...

I get all of the drama, and I get the whole presentation side of it.

What I do not get is the hydraulic buffer being so important.

Someone please school me on this....I think they are great, but I always looked at this item as a nice to have, not a got to have....What am I missing here?????

Will? Need some instruction here...

Regards,
    piston guns have a harder cycling action then D.I.'s , to eliminate bolt bounce on F.A. , a hydraulic buffer is normally used . We have however done a bit of redesign and eliminated the need for it in our piston rifles . The show lag's about 3-5 months behind "real-time" so this was not addressed on the episode aired .

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Hi Will,

Thanks, now it makes all the sense in the world. The Piston guns have a faster unlock and rearward acceleration for the bolt / bolt carrier. So the hydraulic buffer is the only way to slow the cycle down to something normal without having to mess with buffer weight or spring tension which would in turn affect accuracy and overall weight / balance.

Is that about right?

I am still arguing DI vs. Piston in my head, so the schooling helps...

Regards,
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bellson View Post
    Hi Will,

Thanks, now it makes all the sense in the world. The Piston guns have a faster unlock and rearward acceleration for the bolt / bolt carrier. So the hydraulic buffer is the only way to slow the cycle down to something normal without having to mess with buffer weight or spring tension which would in turn affect accuracy and overall weight / balance.

Is that about right?

I am still arguing DI vs. Piston in my head, so the schooling helps...

Regards,
    Thats the general rule , also bouce will give light primer strikes on FA . As I said earlier though , we've eliminated the issue on our piston guns . It's all in the math

Feedback Score

hahaaaaa,
    Thanks Will,
    Me and a buddy got into a heat arguement about the buffer after seeing the episode. I said it was because of the conversion and he swore it was just hollywood bs.
    Got him on this one, lmao!
    Oh, love the show, bruh!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.