Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Ar ish in 45acp

Feedback Score

Default Ar ish in 45acp

I've started working on this .45 style ar. I'm hoping I will not have a buffer tube so I can have a folding stock .

I'll write up more later .

Feedback Score

Grease gun Mags.
    Off the shelf 1.250 aluminum tubing .

Steel bolt I made from round bar.
    I'm going to make a press in part for the firing pin. I suck at drilling those holes so I figure if I mess some thing up its easyier to fix.

I'm going to weld a extruded picatinny rail rail on top of the square tube . I'll mill a channel in that and a slot on the sq tube to stuff a Mac10 recoil guide rod in there .
    If it doesn't work I can add some thing on to the back of the bolt to work with the ar buffer.
    Last edited by Warwickben; 01-22-2015 at 09:59 PM.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Nice project. I look forward to following it's progress. I've oft thought a 45acp carbine would be a fun project, unfortunately, it has never gotten beyond that stage. LOL
    Warwickben likes this.

Feedback Score

really interesting. sound cool as heck.
    Warwickben likes this.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Interesting. It will be good to see you process for making this.
    Warwickben likes this.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score

To avoid the buffer tube a telescoping bolt and spring/ejector setup like a Mac10 should work nicely.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Cool project. Looking forward to more updates.
    Warwickben likes this.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Default Ar ish in 45acp

Quote Originally Posted by hvymax View Post
    To avoid the buffer tube a telescoping bolt and spring/ejector setup like a Mac10 should work nicely.
    I'm gonna stuff the Mac10 recoil spring in side the pic rail I need to weld onto the top still.... If the od of the spring not to big to pull it off.
    It will mount like a ak style spring . But will use a normal mac10 guide rod . At this point......
    If I don't feel the bolt is heavy enough . I'll make a longer guide rod and make a fake piston that extends out more just to add weight .

I'm gonna use a ak style ejector . I'll cut a slot in the side of the upper , and have thread inserts on the upper to bolt the ejector to.

If this works out I'll be able to swap this upper onto my magpul pdr style build I'm working on .

Trying to figure out what todo for extractor . I suck at making them . And don't feel like paying 30$ for a ar10 setup.......

Tips on extractor ?

Also feel free to ask any thing and question why I'm doing stuff one way or another .

Feedback Score

Any idea what a safe bolt weight with a mac10 recoil spring would be?
    Orion's chart list 2lbs for a blow back 45 .
    But Ak's made into 45acp the bolt weighs less then that . I have one Im waiting on a chamber reamer to finish up.

Feedback Score

Time to throw it on the mill .
    I'm gonna use the standard mag catch and notch my mags. I was gonna build one that you press like a ak and use the rectangle cutout, on the rear of the mag. But I realized after cutting the magwell off I didn't have enough meat to bolt the magwell on for testing. Incase I mess up making the mag catch.
    Last edited by Warwickben; 01-22-2015 at 10:08 PM.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.