Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR-15 I.D. help. ?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Question AR-15 I.D. help. ?

O.K. just grabbed this on my FFL shop. $329 complete upper. This thing is built like a 105 howitzer, like frigging heavy. Think just over 6 lbs. for just the upper? But no markings on it, like none.
    From heat shield grip screws on? What do I have anyone know?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Other than the obvious, (some sort of key mod, full float tube) I don't know what I can add. There are no logos on it? Usually they are on the passengers side and you did not give us a shot of that side.

Rcovering tangentialist stalker1's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Nothing on my pistol or the dpms rifle I got a little while back. Upper,barrel, nothing on em. Maybe psa? Both of em work tho. BTW nice!!! 7.62 said it right side used to have something as well as the cmp marking on the barrel.clean it sleep with it and if it lets you down theirs always the canal!!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

That's a nice piece of iron you got there , 4th.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Wink Mystery AR. Guess the manufacture win a case off Old Milwaukee Light.

Yeah geez it is a dang heavy piece of iron guys. I almost have to get a dang bi-pod for it or at my age hire someone to carry it. Picked it up at Harry Beckwith's fun shop. Oh my God he was famous in the weapons world. Passed the old feller WWII Army AF gunner did.
    Idiot come in to rob old Harry at closing time in his fun shop south of Gainsville Fl in the sticks. Whoops. Harry did not keep a .38 handy, a full auto Thompson. Being closely associated with the local Sheriffs Deputies, they told Harry he had to clean up the mess.
    Damn I loved old Harry. Chief yah stop yellin at me.
    O.K. let me draw a diagram of the only dang thing in witting on this big heavy iron. Let me put my dang beer down now. Everyone calm down.

O.Tay. Some kind of inverted horse shoe with a line under it? Only dang car-touche on the whole dang thing? I have no frigging idea. ??????????
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

That's a big woman's rear setting down a frosty mug or a mushroom cloud over Disneyland or I don't know what it is. I remember the gun shop owner smoking the robber tho.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

It kinda looks like a heavy profile barrel but with the M4 cut in it??? What for I wonder? Who would want to add a launcher to that if it is?

The foundry markings I'm not up on, but weren't they covered in a post here someplace? Saw them someplace before, think it was here?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Hard to find an ar without the m-4 cut anymore. People just want the cool look so much I guess it's just easier to churn em all out that way. Hey if it saves a buck at purchase?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Looks like a keyhole forge, not sure might be Cerro?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Posthumous View Post
    Looks like a keyhole forge, not sure might be Cerro?
    Not sure what that is Posthumous? A company brand? Just have a gut feeling someone built this and it was to heavy for them? Maybe traded it in for something a bit lighter? Damn this thing weighs a ton.

Chief pict. of the other side, nada markings on that side either. Kind of a buyers market out their still. I been grabbing AR lowers $49 bucks at the crew from Tactical Machine around the corner here in Deland.
    Then keep and eye out for decent deals on uppers. Good time to buy if yah have a few bucks to spare, market could change in a heartbeat with this crew in D.C..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

357 maximum brass

357ar

357max rimmless

357max rimmless in bolt gun

357max to 300bo

weaponsguild 357ar

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.