Build an AR with a $800 budget. What parts would you use? Your build with those $$.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Build an AR with a $800 budget. What parts would you use? Your build with those $$.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Question Build an AR with a $800 budget. What parts would you use? Your build with those $$.

O.K. I am into ARs now. Have lowers I have been getting from my Bros at Tactical Machine. Probably use a Geisell trigger system which we don't have to put in the budget. Now you have $800 burning a hole in your pocket. Well not exactly probably take a few months of saving milk and beer money to build.
    O.K. lets see what you would do to build an AR in that price range? No scopes or add on stuff now, just the AR itself that goes bang. 5.56 caliber.
    Lets get ta building and see what yah like. I bought the old lady a Chevy Silverado so she can bitch all she wants. Thank yall in advance..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Since you've already got a good trigger sorted out the next order of business should be a good barrel. Those are the two areas where you do not want to scrimp. Have you given any thought as to length and twist yet?
    I have become a huge fan of Criterion barrels (a division of Krieger) I have used them on my last 3 builds. Fit, finish and accuracy is superb.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...on+barrels+inc

Rcovering tangentialist stalker1's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

4th really? Trigger and lower. What you want to do bro? Long range accurate with full stock or like me with a truck gun? Like the car guys say speed costs money. How fast you wanna go?

Prices are down man.way down.for me to buy a dpms under 5 bucks the sky is the limit.I do know which way you wanna go Tim. For me a banger truck gun but the parts are still laying around. Have fun !

You drink milk!!! blasphemy.Beer on the cheerios only way to go! LOL

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Well guys, I hate to be the one pissing on the campfire but let me tell a tale.
    I had just banged out a few ARs. Two pistols, a couple three 5.56 er's and maybe a 308 or two. PSA, mill yourself 80%er's blah blah blah.
    I was fat and happy.
    "Hey!, lets kayak the mighty Huron River. It'll be a blast!!"
    I'm so in.
    Short story long, some heavy rain in Northern Michigan swelled that waterway beyond capacity. They talked me into bringing the arsenal with me and it sounded like a good time. "Blast some clay pigeons, snuff out a candle or hit the bottle cap".
    Who knew I'd be paddling for my life as I watched my firearms tumble to the depths in a toil of mud and eels.
    We've been back a few times looking for my collection but it looks like it'll be a thousand years before someone turns up some ancient weapons in a dried up riverbed.
    Don't tempt fate like I did.
    Whatever site I read it on as a members tag line, it's the truest statement ever made.
    "Our forefathers would have been shooting by now"
    member # 575

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

ashole I miss those guns when I went striper fishing and the boat capsized and my house was ripped off on my way home. Now I lost my fishing gear too. Sigh.

Those doggone great white sharks anyway!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by stalker1 View Post
    ashole I miss those guns when I went striper fishing and the boat capsized and my house was ripped off on my way home. Now I lost my fishing gear too. Sigh.
    I don't know how you turn ashhoe into ashole but I'll take it, love you bro.
    Don't get me started on knives. I had a couple, back in the day. My buds were all saying, "let's go to Kroger and take all your knives!"
    A couple handicap parking spots and three fire hydrants later and things got a little twisted.....
    Whatever site I read it on as a members tag line, it's the truest statement ever made.
    "Our forefathers would have been shooting by now"
    member # 575

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

ashhoe. I am so sorry man.My computer kept self correcting me and I apologize I missed that.kinda funny but not what I thought or meant to imply. Crikes dude crap on a shingle.My apologies again sir.hell maybe I was thinking about what my wife said to me this morning!
    Last edited by stalker1; 09-15-2015 at 10:49 PM.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Spend the money on a barrel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

True biggun.any thoughts on barrels? Good topic as in chrome moly vs.stainless. bull barrel or fluted? The inexpensive DPMS I just got is a pencil barrel but I'm just looking for moc but for 4th I'd like to see what people recommend. What y'all think? Heard a Krieger. Anything else.? Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Being an old army guy the tear drop fa makes sense. It's like the button one is just covering the whole reason for it to exist. My Nam friends recall slamming the butt down to close the bolt and never needing them when the new ammo came in. I've used one twice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

357 maximum brass

357ar

357max rimmless

357max rimmless in bolt gun

357max to 300bo

weaponsguild 357ar

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.