Thread: AR scope suggestions for the twins.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Postak AR scope suggestions for the twins.

Well not exactly twins but close.
    O.K. need scope or sight suggestions for the one. Max range down here in the swamp will be 150 yards like super max. Hell that is why I buy "Tax Stamped" shorties here, yah can't see 20 yards when yah step off the roads.
    Scoped rifle will be for hunting mountain goats in Canada. New one on the bottom hell I don't know but I either need iron sights or something on it? Checked the E-O tech. Holy sheet they aint cheap.
    Kernel you aint kiddin. Stainless barrel one is way way lighter than the heavy barrel new one. Anyone try the new super light bolts for the AR, do they function? Thank yall in advance.

Bolt Carrier Group - Spike's Lightweight Nickel Boron HPT/MPI M16 BCG (5.56) ST5BG05 - Primary Arms
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Tim, I use this setup on one of my ARs. Great optics, bullet proof guarantee and won't break the bank. You can even find some decent used ones on ebay. Vortex red dot and magnifier.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 555th View Post
    Tim, I use this setup on one of my ARs. Great optics, bullet proof guarantee and won't break the bank. You can even find some decent used ones on ebay. Vortex red dot and magnifier.
    I like that. Checked on Amazon and they have a bunch to choose from. That scoped AR I pictured was the first I put a scope on. Problem with the straight design I found with the AR is the scope needs some elevation to it so yah do not have to mash yer face to see through it.
    Even the come standard iron sights are elevated. But I will probably grab one, thank yah 555th.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I had the same issue with my Bush Master. I ended up adding a Leupold one piece riser which also moved the scope further forward and it works great now.

Leupold Mark 2 Integral Mounting System (IMS) 1-Piece Picatinny-Style

This is the one I used and I love it,,it cured all my height and eye relief issues I was having with my AR.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Tim, I use this setup on one of my ARs. Great optics, bullet proof guarantee and won't break the bank. You can even find some decent used ones on ebay. Vortex red dot and magnifier
    I have the Vortex strike fire I think that is one also ?

I have noticed the dot shifts on the target when I move my eye from side to side or up an down . It should not IMO .
    Have you noticed this ?

IM not super thrilled with it . an my magnifier I swear makes things get smaller not bigger . My magnifier is the earlier version I know they changed the power an style a few years back .
    my vortex was a from a LEO who was given it for police trials .

I cant hit shit with it very percisly at 100 yards . I am not a fan of red dots on guns out past 75 yards really I tried it but was not happy .

Im going to put the strike fire on my muzzle loader for 50 yard shots .

Tim I like a 3x9 on any 223 if the range is 200 yards an under for hunting type stuff .
    I have a little 1.4x6 x20 on a 223 AK an for short range like at 100 yards an under its great an it site really low . not a great low light optic but its better than opens for most shooting .

It all depends on what range an target size you intend to use the gun on . a red dot is great for combat at short range but sucks at longer range as that dot gets really big an covers the target so you cant see .

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post

IM not super thrilled with it . an my magnifier I swear makes things get smaller not bigger . My magnifier is the earlier version I know they changed the power an style a few years back .

Have you tried turning it around?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Have you tried turning it around?

LOL it screws directly into the optic . its not a rail mount like some are .

I have played with it several times an I swear it makes things look further away . It sure the hell does not give 2x or what ever it is magnification .

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

555th has a real nice optic there for AR's....

83047-ar-scope-suggestions-twins.html

& the one piece solid risers are nice. since its an AR theres not really much use for a super high $ scope...
    say what you mean & mean what you say

YES, i work for TEC Tactical.. 07/02 SOT

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I put a Weaver Kaspia, 3x14 side focus on mine and it does everything from 50 feet to infinity. I've had that on there about 2 years and haven't had to touch it once sense it was sighted in, and a couple K rounds later.

Scope and Leuplod mount was less than $200 shipped from Midway, so not a bad option!! It's working well for me. And actually ,the mount is about 15 less now than when I got mine. Bonus!!

Search tags for this page

357max rimmless

weaponsguild 357ar

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.