Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Colt AR15A2 value?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Default Colt AR15A2 value?

Thinking about selling My Colt AR15A2 Govt. Model (pre 94 ban) and was wondering if anyone has input on the value.
    I'd rather be a "has been" than a wannabe!

2TIMOTHY2,4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairsof this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

God, Guns and Guts made America free,
    Lets keep all three.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

man that is a tough one considering that all ar-15 have about doubled in the last few days.

a guess would be about double what you thought it was worth before the latest panic.

YMMV on this one--

it there is another panic--and there may well be another one on the way--then who knows--

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Right now, the value is what ever someone will offer for it.

Prepare yourself for the lunacy. If face to face is legal in your state, stick a sign on it and go to a show. Maybe something like '' all your money, or best offer''

Here's what I saw at the show Va. funshow this weekend.

Guys were paying 30-40 bucks for a GI 30 rounder.

Commercial M1 Carbine sold for $1800.

ANY AK that came in the door didn't make it 40 feet before it was sold for $800 or more.

ANY AR that I saw come in was snatched up for $1500-to $2500.

There were several AKs on the dealer tables but that is where most of them stayed.

Hows $1100 for a thumbhole stock Egyptian sound? With paperwork. One vendor had a nice Yugo Underfolder for less than $700. That was the best price in the whole place but it was still there at 4;00pm after a 3 day show. It seems that face to face was the order of the weekend.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Sapper....

If you do not need the money right now, hold.. Like a blue chip stock that keeps going up, hell why sell.
    This panic is just that, a panic. They are trying to pass unenforceable laws.
    Nappie, through someone with a brain, as he does not have one. Knows any law against our constitution he tries to pass, will go to court and be tied up for years.
    That is why he is going too the U.N. world court. Their are approximately? 80 million plus guns in this country. At that probably a low ball guess.. Probably more like 500 million..
    Read the post tanvil put up. Gun sales will just go face too face.. What the hell are they going to do, put a hundred million people in jail?
    The panic buyers are probably the ones who voted for this friggen idiot..
    He is trying to cut the head off the snake, on importation of weapons..
    No law yet, just a few words created this panic..
    Any law he passes, the tail has yet too come out of the wood work and take his moronic laws too court. Nappy knows this..
    If he passes illegal laws, people will not abide by them... Prohibition that worked great..
    As a friend of mine once said.
    "The more people panic, sit back relax and think."
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I agree

$1,500 to $ 2,500 seems to be the range especially if all original and taken care of which i assume it was
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I watched a Spike's Tactical lower parts kit go for $181.03 on eBay. LOL

Spike's Tactical Lower Parts Kit | eBay

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    I agree

$1,500 to $ 2,500 seems to be the range especially if all original and taken care of which i assume it was
    It's only had about 150 rounds through it, bought it before the last ban and prices went crazy and made the value go up so I don't shoot it much. Pretty much a safe queen, as I have a DS M4orgery I shoot if I want to shoot an AR. Usually shoot my AK's though - easier to clean!
    A buddy of mines brother has bugged me for years to sell it to him, may offer it up to him first.

2TIMOTHY2,4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairsof this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Lets keep all three.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    If you do not need the money right now, hold.. Like a blue chip stock that keeps going up, hell why sell.
    This panic is just that, a panic. They are trying to pass unenforceable laws.
    Nappie, through someone with a brain, as he does not have one. Knows any law against our constitution he tries to pass, will go to court and be tied up for years.
    That is why he is going too the U.N. world court. Their are approximately? 80 million plus guns in this country. At that probably a low ball guess.. Probably more like 500 million..
    Read the post tanvil put up. Gun sales will just go face too face.. What the hell are they going to do, put a hundred million people in jail?
    The panic buyers are probably the ones who voted for this friggen idiot..
    He is trying to cut the head off the snake, on importation of weapons..
    No law yet, just a few words created this panic..
    Any law he passes, the tail has yet too come out of the wood work and take his moronic laws too court. Nappy knows this..
    If he passes illegal laws, people will not abide by them... Prohibition that worked great..
    As a friend of mine once said.
    "The more people panic, sit back relax and think."
    Stay at home housewife+ 3kids+ the downturn in the coal market+ Christmas = need bucks. Besides I can't even recall how many guns I have

Lets keep all three.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

the price I quoted is what I see on ar-15

to me its worth $700-800
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    the price I quoted is what I see on ar-15

to me its worth $700-800
    I understand -I don't think used EG bakelites are worth $35-40 a piece but I've seen them selling for that, not just them but ANYTHING AK or AR seems to be selling for unreal money. Months from now people will be trying to get there money back out of them, after prices have dropped again.

Lets keep all three.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.