Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: F-35 Starwars.

  1. #1
    White Cracker 4thIDvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swamp Florida
    Posts
    12,301
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

    Default F-35 Starwars.



    j4, I saw your post on the stinger missile in the ammo discussion..
    They do not want to fire one at this bad boy.. It literally fly's with a radar shield around it.
    Anything fired at it, bounces off the shield and is deflected. That is even if they can get a round off. Soon as any bad guy radar locks on the plane, it instantly fires a missile at it.
    Would guess they are installing the system in other jets.
    Rumor has it, the jet is capable of such G force turns, they had to tone it down so as not to hurt the pilots.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781


  2. #2
    Gunco Addicted for life j427x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,333
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

    Default

    stinger is no match for high speed fighters anyway. all a fighter has to do to avoid stingers is stay high and fast, not to mention all the shit he can shoot back with.


    somehow i don't think the rag heads got shooting at fighters in mind.

    the stinger is more for low and slow aircraft--

  3. #3
    White Cracker 4thIDvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swamp Florida
    Posts
    12,301
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    stinger is no match for high speed fighters anyway. all a fighter has to do to avoid stingers is stay high and fast, not to mention all the shit he can shoot back with.


    somehow i don't think the rag heads got shooting at fighters in mind.

    the stinger is more for low and slow aircraft--
    What do they cost? Do you need a tax stamp to buy one?
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781


  4. #4
    Gunco Addicted for life j427x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,333
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    What do they cost? Do you need a tax stamp to buy one?

    doing government math somewhere between $10,000,000 and $200,000 each depending on who you ask and who is getting a kick-back--

    you would think since obamma giving them away for free to the brotherhood , tango and al-quaida they must grow on trees----

  5. #5
    Gunco Member wpage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Stouts Creek
    Posts
    270
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    I want two in case of crashing one...
    God so loved the world He gave his only Son...
    ...Believe in Him and have everlasting life.
    John 3:16

  6. #6
    White Cracker 4thIDvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swamp Florida
    Posts
    12,301
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wpage View Post
    I want two in case of crashing one...
    The Pinecaste bombing range is 5 miles to my west.. Some old Military fighter plane crashed in a big pond out in the forest.. Pretty much intact.. When the water levels drop, we can see the top of it..
    Guess cost was prohibitive to recover it, so they left it there. No bombs aboard, or I am sure they would have recovered them..
    An A-10 went down a bit back here in the forest.. Pilot bailed out and is fine.
    Sent a bunch of young Marines to clean up the mess.
    Where is kernel? Wonder what the ATF rules are on us recovering it?
    If the machine guns are still on the plane and it went down pre 1986, can we register them?
    I got to call the ATF in a bit here. They always like talking to me. They will tell me yes or no.
    Navy plane crashes near bombing range in Marion County
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781


  7. #7
    Gunco Addicted for life j427x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,333
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    The Pinecaste bombing range is 5 miles to my west.. Some old Military fighter plane crashed in a big pond out in the forest.. Pretty much intact.. When the water levels drop, we can see the top of it..
    Guess cost was prohibitive to recover it, so they left it there. No bombs aboard, or I am sure they would have recovered them..
    An A-10 went down a bit back here in the forest.. Pilot bailed out and is fine.
    Sent a bunch of young Marines to clean up the mess.
    Where is kernel? Wonder what the ATF rules are on us recovering it?
    If the machine guns are still on the plane and it went down pre 1986, can we register them?
    I got to call the ATF in a bit here. They always like talking to me. They will tell me yes or no.
    Navy plane crashes near bombing range in Marion County
    and you just thought were getting gouged on 7.62 and 5.56mm!

    wait till you see what 30mm uranium round go for!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •