Thread: Benelli M4 shotgun for defense.

Feedback Score

Default Benelli M4 shotgun for defense.

I just watched a program on the Military Channel about the use of shotguns. The Benelli M4 was one of them.

I copied the following from Benelli's web site:

"Now the same Benelli M4 used by the U.S. Marine Corps can be your home defense shotgun of choice. When the U.S. Marine Corps went shopping for a shotgun, they bought the M4 — the 12-gauge shotgun that functions the first time, every time. Its unique Auto Regulating Gas Operated (A.R.G.O.) system developed by Benelli engineers has dual stainless steel, self-cleaning pistons located just ahead of the chamber that operate directly against the bolt assembly.

The M4 Tactical comes standard with a Picatinny rail for optics, a fully adjustable ghost-ring rear sight and fixed-blade front sight and a black synthetic pistol-grip style stock. An optional standard stock is offered. With features and reliability that do it for the U.S. military, the Benelli M4 is an excellent choice for your own home defense plan."

I think that, if you are considering a semi-auto shotgun for defensive use, you may want to check this one out. And, if you get the Military Channel, keep an eye out for their test of this gun. It looks good to me.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

wish i had two or three of um--

joe "shotgun" biden says all you need is a double barrel though--

we all know joe is the REAL expert--LOL!

Feedback Score

Inasmuch as the Marines have adopted this shotgun, I think it would be very desirable. I used to prefer pump actions, but, after watching the test on TV, I am convinced that this would be good to have.

Feedback Score

If I had the coins I would have one right now. We had one in Iraq a few years back and we used it as an all around utility weapon. The thing is rugged as can be. I'm quite the fan and intend on adding one to the collection... I just need to stop having kids first
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i think 4th has got um on a quad mount on his bass boat --belt fed with bump-fire stocks!

you got to have that kind of stuff in the swamps with them giant snakes --

Feedback Score

I sure love mine. With ghost loading, and a full length magazine tube, I have a nine shot capacity with it. So, I guess it's legal in NY.

Member of the National Rifle Association (Life/Endowment); Gun Owners of America (Life); Garand Collectors Association; National Shooting Sports Foundation. CCW License Holder in MO. FFL 03 License Holder.

Check out my Gun and Gear channel on YouTube:
    VDMA VIDEOS.

Feedback Score

I sure love mine. With ghost loading, and a full length magazine tube, I have a nine shot capacity with it. So, I guess it's legal in NY.

Member of the National Rifle Association (Life/Endowment); Gun Owners of America (Life); Garand Collectors Association; National Shooting Sports Foundation. CCW License Holder in MO. FFL 03 License Holder.

Check out my Gun and Gear channel on YouTube:
    VDMA VIDEOS.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Its unique Auto Regulating Gas Operated (A.R.G.O.) system developed by Benelli engineers has dual stainless steel, self-cleaning pistons located just ahead of the chamber that operate directly against the bolt assembly.

Wonder why they went with gas instead of the M1/M2 inertia system? Seems the M1 would be less complicated and cleaner.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.