Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: arisaka or a nagant?

Feedback Score

Default arisaka or a nagant?

I picked up a type 99 arisaka a few months ago, mums ground but its not sporterized, late war, peep site, no cleaning rod provisions, but still has a steeel butt plate. Price of ammo is crazy, thinking of throwing it out on backpage to see if I can trade it for a couple of nagant rifles or a SKS.
    Does that sound like a trade someone would consider? I know the nagants can be had for 80 bucks from aim surplus.
    Im not trying to put a ad here in this post, its strictly a question of is a fair trade if I can find someone willing to swap. Or should I just keep the cool old japanese rifle, even though I'll probably never buy ammo for it? (already have a nagant, and 2 turk mausers for bolt actions and 3 AK's but no SKS's since I traded my last one). jim

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

A really nice SKS would make a good trade...maybe a Russian. Other than that, I'd keep it.

Feedback Score

Keep it if you dont need the cash. I never heard someone say i wish i wouldve sol that. I have heard i wish i would not have sold that

Then save the cash and buy an sks and a nagant

Feedback Score

I understand about sellers remorse. I had a 6.5 norwegian krag a few years back, it was sporterized picked it up for 40 bucks. traded it for a marlin .22 papoose (takedown rifle). Sort of wished I would have kept the krag. Traded the papoose to a guy for a 396 big block chevy shortblock which I sold like usual. jim

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I second trading for a Russian SKS if you can find one. I have an early one and even though its a refurb (blued bolt and carrier), it shoots amazing.
    Semper Fortis, Paratus Et Potens, Non Sibi, Sed Patriae.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I wouldn't trade it for a couple Mosins, I think you'd be better off putting up some good pics and asking for opinion about value and either sell it out right or trade for something of equal value.

But I also agree about keeping it, I know ammo costs a good bit but if you can hand load it's about half the price.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

I got a offer of 1 nagant for it. Seems nagants are a lot more common not to mention I already have one, so I declined the offer. Im sure the arisaka isnt worth all that much, but i've always liked the mil surplus bolt actions and move variations the better. jim

Feedback Score

I bought some ammo for a buddy and there is a guy on Gun Broker who sells it with the correct headstamp , brass shells and boxer primed . It was 20.50 a box plus shipping. Buy a couple of boxes and some dies . If you don't already reload , it may be a good time to start . It pays off on any odd military rifle big time . Now if I could find someone needing some 6.5 Jap he had bought by mistake .

Feedback Score

theres a 6.5 arisaka advertised today on backpage tucson for 175 bucks with the mum intact. jim

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Jim..

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mac View Post
    theres a 6.5 arisaka advertised today on backpage tucson for 175 bucks with the mum intact. jim
    I would keep the Arisaka.
    Hell with inflation, save some pennies and buy the other weapons.
    Prices will go up on them.
    Better than money in the bank at .00000002 % interest.
    Last edited by 4thIDvet; 04-23-2013 at 04:31 AM.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.