Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The fishing vedio

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default The fishing vedio

This is the video we did 3 weeks ago,, it came out a few days ago.

I'm the Old Codular in it ,, of course,,,, and YES I Am an old VT hick !!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Can't open it?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Open a under firefox html format and it shouldn't be a issue.,,,,,so I've been told,, I don't know shit, just what the boy said.

Or just go to youtube and look up " Ice Team:Set Back Connecticut River Monsters" and you'll see it there.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Oh ok, firefox, I'm using explorer right now

Here's the link to the Youtube video, I'll watch the whole thing later tonight
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Gas powered ice augers!!?? Holy smokes! I bet they don't sell many spuds these days!

Vexilars & cameras?? Things sure have changed since I left the north 30 some years ago.

Thanks Les, I've been checking the fishing channel for weeks.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Oh ya,, no fooling around Bradrock,,,,,we have electric augers too,,,we also use Lowrance's with Navionics Lake Charts ,so we have all our bottom contours handy too. I've just gotten back into ice fishing in the last 6-7 years or so and things have REALLY changed,, for sure. The days of sitting on a bucket freezing your butt off guessing where the fish might be,,,,are long gone.

Got a new "Fish Trap" last year,,, my other one was >24 years old,, it got passed down to my son now for may more years of service. So they really do last well for the <300 bucks for a thermal top one. A great investment in comfort. And all you're gear goes right in it and it all folds into the sled part, put the cover on,,, hook up the stiff hitch to the wheeler,, and off we go. It takes 6 minutes to be on the ice from the time we step out of the truck to the time we hit the ice and following our GPS to our "Hot Spots". Everything is self contained either in the trap or on the wheeler as you can see by the pictures.

We fly pretty high tech now days, and a day on the ice at -10 is a walk in the park with all the new gear and cloths that's available. Even with all the high tech stuff I've got I still only have about 2000 total investment ,,,everything included. Of course some of the stuff is transferred from the boat to the wheeler for ice fishing,, all my gear pulls double duty and gets used all year round. So that figure is just for the ice fishing related stuff, still a pretty small investment to keep yourself entertained all winter,, plus just eat some damn good tasting fish besides.

Pretty damn hard not to like a big plate of beer battered fillets and fry's with a good old Sam Adams to go with it ,,,, Oh Yah !!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The fishing vedio-tricking-trap-003.jpg  

The fishing vedio-tricking-trap-019.jpg  

The fishing vedio-tricking-trap-015.jpg  

The fishing vedio-tricking-trap-017.jpg  

The fishing vedio-tricking-trap-023.jpg  

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

That is way to cool. Thank you much for posting that Les.. Very interesting with the new equipment.. Modern technology, incredible..
    Connecticut river was kind of going down hill.. Environmental groups came in and cleaned it up..
    What about striped bass, any up your way? Down by Essex Connecticut, where I believe the Connecticut river meets Long Island sound. Lots of bass there now going up to spawn.. Good to see..
    Still have not opened that real Vermont maple syrup you sent. Saving it for a rainy day..
    How did they get those shots of underwater with the camera angle pointing up at you guys?
    That is the guy I do not want to mess with. One bad dude to get in that cold water.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Those underwater pics were done with a "Go Pro",, they do work very well, don't they? I was amazed by them.

No strippers here, but I fish them in spring on the lower Hudson, strippers are a fun catch.

You haven't broken open that syrup yet????? What to Hell ya waiting for?? There's a fresh crop every year, and when it's gone let me know I can get you all you want from the guy a mile down the road,, don't be so damn cheap, it's only something like 18-20 bucks a quart. Hell you blow that much on ammo bouncing tin cans around the back yard ,, better eat it up,, ya ain't getting any younger ya know,,,are you saving it for your ancestors??? LMAO !!!!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Hell I dont know. I keep staring at the "real Vt. maple syrup" and do not want to ruin it by opening it..
    They introduced strippers here on the Saint Johns river. Is it "strippers" or stripers? One I keep giving money too. Anyway.
    Their thriving, strange as their basically a cold water fish.
    They are cross breeding with our Florida large mouth bass. Usually grow to only about the 10 pound range.. They stay in the deep cold clear springs during the summer and start ranging when the water cools down.
    Good fighters and good eating..
    Nam reunion in April. Will get you the correct shirt size this time..
    Have to get sniper his also.. He takes a XXXXXXXXXXXXXXLL..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Hell I dont know. I keep staring at the "real Vt. maple syrup" and do not want to ruin it by opening it..
    They introduced strippers here on the Saint Johns river. Is it "strippers" or stripers? One I keep giving money too. Anyway.
    Their thriving, strange as their basically a cold water fish.
    They are cross breeding with our Florida large mouth bass. Usually grow to only about the 10 pound range.. They stay in the deep cold clear springs during the summer and start ranging when the water cools down.
    Good fighters and good eating..
    Nam reunion in April. Will get you the correct shirt size this time..
    Have to get sniper his also.. He takes a XXXXXXXXXXXXXXLL..
    4th - All hell, my shirt isn't that big. LMAO

As for the fishing where your at brother - seeing those bream and bass hitting pieces of frozen hotdog was definitely something one would have to see to believe.

And for the syrup - you ought to open it. It is even good on ice cream. I buy at least a gallon of maple syrup every year from a place in VT. It is definitely worth it.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.