Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ruger-customer "NO" service!

Feedback Score

Default Ruger-customer "NO" service!

The Survival movement probably started during the mid 1970's. At that time there were few AK's, AR's or many of the other semi-auto rifles which are so plentiful today. Thus, there was a void which gave gun makers a great opportunity to create "Survival Guns."
    Around 1975 Ruger introduced their Mini-14. However, even though it was completely legal to do so, Ruger refused to sell their new rifle to the public! Why? Who knows! So it was, that, at a time when the Survival movement was growing and there were only a few semi-autos such as the M1A and the Garand available, the public could not purchase the Mini-14.
    Finally about 1976 Ruger released the Mini-14 to the public. It immediately became the "go to" gun for the Survival movement. It was not extremely accurate or powerful, but it was good enough for military and police work. Thus, a lot of people wanted one (including me). It handles well and looks good. It is loosely based on the M1 Garand. It uses the current military cartridge. I Mean: What's not to like?
    But, for a Survival gun, you need to have extra parts. Sadly, Ruger has always had a ridiculous policy regarding spare parts. They resist efforts by their customers to purchase certain vital parts such as firing pins. Why? I don't know! Most companies will do anything they can to make their customers happy, but Ruger customer service sucks! It should be called "Customer NO Service!"
    During the Clinton "Assault Weapon Ban", manufacturers were prohibited from making magazines with a capacity of more than 10 rounds. But, although they continued selling the Mini-14 and could have legally sold magazines of 10 shots, Ruger chose to make Mini-14 magazines with a capacity of only 5 rounds. Why? Who wants a five shot semi auto "Survival" rifle?
    The "Clinton Ban" expired early in the second President Bush's first term. It then became legal to make all sizes of high capacity magazines. Ruger was still making the Mini-14. But did they start making hi-cap magazines for it? NO! They continued offering magazines with a capacity of only 5 cartridges. WHY? After-market manufacturers started offering magazines to fit the Ruger with capacities of 20 and 30 rounds, but for years, appeals to Ruger to make factory hi-cap mags fell on deaf ears. Finally around 2008 or 2009 Ruger started to offer hi-cap Factory magazines.
    But it was too late! As Ruger dilly-dallyed around through the years, many manufacturers started offering the AR in various platforms. There were tons of new developments in the AR and it evolved into probably the finest Survival gun around. There are tons of spare parts for it. The early interest in the Mini-14 for Survival purposes died out and Ruger lost a "Golden Opportunity" to take the lead in Survival gun sales.
    RUGER: You have met the enemy and it is YOU!!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Ruger has always made 20 and 30 rd magazines for the Mini-14, Bill Ruger just restricted their sale to LE only. You could get them if you found a dealer willing to sell them to you, and on the secondary market. He was a great gun designer, but an idiot when it came to "gun control" issues. After he died the company finally got some people in charge who have decided to go for the lucrative "evil assault weapon" market which is why Ruger now has so many "tactical" models.

Feedback Score

I have always Liked Ruger products. I have more of this brand than any other. I just wish the company was a little better customer oriented. I think that things have improved since Bill went to his reward, but, I would like to be able to get extra firing pins from Ruger without having to ship my gun back there. If Diane Swinestein's anti gun bill was passed before I could get my gun back, would I ever see it again? I just don't want it away from me at this time. I think that Ruger should make spare parts available at least to gun smiths. Then I could go to my local gun dealer and have a couple new ones fitted to my gun.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

And, Ruger now makes the Evil AR!

Welcome to the club Ruger!
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Ruger does sell many restricted parts to FFL holders. Have you checked the OEM section at the back of a Brownells catalog?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i ruger was the first to jump in bed with bill clinton during the last ban, in spite of not having any government contracts to show for it.

i do think they may have been PAID to support the ban last time.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Not a fan of Ruger.
    Tree huggin' dirt worshipper!

Feedback Score

Default Kinda lost me when they quit making Red Labels

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Onegin View Post
    Not a fan of Ruger.
    With Winchester going bankrupt and not making 101's in the US anymore, Ruger would have taken all the over and under business if they had kept Red Labels in production.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

ruger is the "taurus" of the US industry, just not as 2nd amendment friendly.

they have turned out a few exceptional irons. but their track record as a whole is dismal.

i like their old wheel guns and their new 1911s some of their older shotguns and single shot rifles. i doubt i'll ever buy a new ruger though. stab the 2nd in the back once--i'll NEVER forget.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Ruger is a corporation, not a person. The people that make the decisions change which is why now that Bill is fertilizer the company he named after himself is selling ARs and large magazines. Blaming the Ruger of today for Bill's policies is like agreeing that Obama's policies are Bush's fault!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.