Thread: Kit prices

Feedback Score

Default Kit prices

Hope this is the right forum.
    What is the going rate for AK parts kits with the original barrels?
    These were purchased when there was a flood of them, disassembled and just put away:
    1) Romy G 1974
    2) Polish underfolder
    3) Hungarian AMD sidefolder

Thanks.

Feedback Score

well I see yuor fairly new Mocha , welcome to the group,
    the kits vary in price, some will get rid og them for a small percentage to those who want to gouge someone, and the kits are not comming with barrels that I can find so your kits are a bit more desirable. are you looking to seel them? if s send me a PM....Doc

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

The last time I watched any on Gun Broker they were going between $350 & 500, might be a tad more now, the Polish kit should get a higher price if it's in good shape.

If you want to make a few bucks quick (like double or so what you paid) offer them on here, I'm sure they'll go real quick, if you want to try and max your profit put them on GB and wait.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Today's panic prices have just gone crazy!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I need to dump a few kits on Gunbroker......
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Feedback Score

I have about two dozen of those Romanian G kits that I bought back in 2005 from AIM Surplus for $85/each.

I haven't done anything with them. They are still attached to the old cut off receivers.

I'm trying to decide if I want to get back into building or just sell them now that prices are so high.

Are people still putting kits together with bolts or does everyone rivet now? It seems like there would be a lot of tooling up costs if I decided to start building again and doing it right with rivets. All the AK's I put together with bolts are still holding up great but I want to do things right if I get back into the building game.

ak9
    Feedback Score

TheOtherOne
    I think everyone is building as much and as fast as they can right now.I'd say sell a few, pay for the original investment & sell off the others ...If you do choose to sell any I might be interested pm me if so ?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Basisally what ak9 said, sell some of them off to get what you spent back, and if you want to build any ofthem sell a few more to buy what tools you want/need.

As for type of build, poeple are still doing screw builds, but in your case I'd just buy the tools and do them as you mentioned.

I'd also like to say offer me a kit too , but with the way prices are now I'd put 6 (or more) of them on GunBroker and start them at $400 each, I'm sure you'll get more then that.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I was seeing mint barreld romy kits hitting $600 the other night. its nuts .

Im debating on what to to with some of my stuff.

its not price gouging if guys are bidding that on stuff . nobody is making them bid

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

its not price gouging if guys are bidding that on stuff . nobody is making them bid
    Exactly, start them at a price you'll be happy with and let them have a bid war over it

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.