Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mosin scope mount - who makes it?

Feedback Score

Default Mosin scope mount - who makes it?

from here:
    Surplusrifle Forum • View topic - Which Mosin scope mount is most practical

Also saw the mount by "BullseyeXpress on eBay (it might be the same mount?), I like it but I'm not a member, anyone have an email for that seller?

many thanks for any help/leads one might be able to provide,

t
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trueno; 04-02-2013 at 01:12 PM.
    "kill 'em all an smash the eggs..."

Feedback Score

I'd have to see the other side of it. Personally, I'm going to get a Rock Solid mount when I decide to finally glass up my Mosin.

Feedback Score

It's awful tempting to go for it with the Rock Solid version, probably the best route but that $100 price tag...

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Guy in that thread said he got it here, but you could search for that brand to see who else have them.
    Leapers, Inc. - Hunting/Shooting, Sporting Goods and Security Gear

I don't know about that BullseyeXpress Mosin Mount, I've been doing a little searching and everything I'm seeing it looks just like the Leapers' mount but the guy on eBay is charging like 3x the amount for it?
    Do a search on YouTube, there's a lot of people posting about it.

Also read this just in case you didn't notice it.
    "... M44's and M38's do NOT have a 3/8" dovetail that the rear sight sits on"
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueno View Post
    It's awful tempting to go for it with the Rock Solid version, probably the best route but that $100 price tag...
    I gagged a bit on the price too. Then I looked at my box of aluminum cut-offs and the milling machine, did some quick estimates of the time it would take to make something similar... screw it. They're supposed to be back in stock later this week. I need to take that plastic tub full of pocket change down to the bank and see how much I have to add to it...

The inletting on the nice Boyd's stock is done, it's time to move on to the next step. And after that, it's scope selection time. <sigh> I've always been an iron sight fan, but I've finally had to come to terms with the fact that my eyes aren't that good any more, and even a peep sight can only do so much.

My wife is generally supportive of my gunsmithing, but she threw a fit when she found out I was going to remove the sidefolder bayonet, particularly after she found it (just barely) clears the new stock. In the interest of marital harmony, I might be the only guy at the range with a bayonet on a Mosin sporter...

Feedback Score

I like the Brass Stacker Mount myself:

Brass Stacker Mosin Nagant 9130 See Thru Scout Scope Mount 9130-SSM

Or the S&K Mount, but it removes the rear sight:

MOSIN NAGANT MOUNT | Brownells
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score

Probably gonna chop 4" off the barrel, recrown and mount the scope as far rearward as I can.

t

Feedback Score

How much fitting did you have to do on the Boyd's stock? I REEEEEALLY want one just like your thumbhole version, but I just have a few more things to get on other projects before I get back to the Bubberized Mosin buildup... Actually the one I'm going to use for the Boyd's stock is pre-Bubberized anyway, with the forearm actually tastefully chopped off and the barrel shortened some 6" or so already, so I don't really have to get in any rush to get it to shootable condition. It already barks loud and belches fire at will!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by vinco View Post
    How much fitting did you have to do on the Boyd's stock?
    Shaved approx 1/32" off at the rear of the rec'r where it curves under and just a touch to open the hole a lil bit forward for the front screw through the magwell assy.

t

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Mine needed widening just a hair at the back of the receiver, and cutting the back of the recoil lug pocket a bit to let the receiver slide back so the tang had an even gap around its cutout.

The laminated wood cut very easily. I was worried that it would be hard to work with, but it was fairly soft and the blade went straight instead of trying to follow a grain.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.