Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TRX

Thread: 1911 Pistol on a Budget

Feedback Score

Post1911 1911 Pistol on a Budget

Okay so besides building my own AK type rifles, I am also considering building a Colt 1911 type pistol in the .45 ACP chamber. Would anyone know where I could get a reliable (not top of the line) parts kit within a $400 budget? As well as a nice 80% frame and jig? (the parts kit is what I'm primarily after)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________
    “Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
    ― Douglas MacArthur

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Couple of the frame/jig combos I've seen are more than a decent1911.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Sarco has piles of brand new Para-Ordnance slides for $120-$220. They also have finished RIA frames for $120. Both are decent quality.

However, their parts kits, by popular repute, tend to be... less than optimal. I'd grab a frame and slide from Sarco and shop around for the rest of the bits.

Note: orginary USGI-style replacement parts, even of decent quality, are very reasonably priced. But you'll have to search them out from all the "boutique" dress-up bits. The vendors have a fat markup on those, so they push them hard.
    Ftwash likes this.
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Feedback Score

What are some good places to check?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________
    “Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
    ― Douglas MacArthur

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.