Thread: integrated suppressed SBR

Feedback Score

Default integrated suppressed SBR

I am going to building a de Lisle clone out of a mauser action.

Do I need to complete two form 1s and pay $400 or do I just do one form 1 b/c the suppressor will never be removed.

My brother in the 1990's made an MP5 out of an HK94 and he had the barrel chopped at the same time. I think he only filled out one form 1.

Thanks for the input.

Regards

BW

Feedback Score

Default integrated suppressed SBR

Quote Originally Posted by kalbos View Post
    I am going to building a de Lisle clone out of a mauser action.

Do I need to complete two form 1s and pay $400 or do I just do one form 1 b/c the suppressor will never be removed.

My brother in the 1990's made an MP5 out of an HK94 and he had the barrel chopped at the same time. I think he only filled out one form 1.

Thanks for the input.

Regards

BW
    If the suppressor can be removed it's a sbr.
    If you use a 16 barrel as the core. If you took the outer shell off its still 16 inches . So it's just a 16" with a can .

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

If you weld or otherwise permanently attach the suppressor tube or monocore to the bbl, the length of it is counted as bbl length. If it is removable it would need two stamps, one for the SBR and one for the suppressor.

Your brother made an MG? One assumes with a registered sear pack. If the gun is "married" to that pack the package of gun and sear is an MG, not a rifle. MGs have no restrictions on bbl length like rifles do. If he swaps the pack among several guns, any with short bbls must be registered as SBRs since they are not an MG when the pack is in a different gun.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.