Thread: NFA Trust question with multiple forms

Feedback Score

Default NFA Trust question with multiple forms

I've posted this elsewhere but I thought I'd try here too just to get more salient input--

I've recently gotten an NFA Trust. I got it because my county sheriff ( Ilive outside city limits) is known to be an NFA form non-signer.

Anyway, we've all probably heard that the current administration wants to amend the NFA Trust regulations to require CLEO sign off, etc. and they will maybe or maybe not be doing this or pushing it off again in December of this year.

My issue is that I have 6 firearms I'd like to convert to SBRs. 2 are "pistols" and the others are rifles with barrel extensions on them (Which I hate).

I'm considering sending in Form 1s for all these at one time in order to get this done prior to any rule change. Has anyone ever done something similar? Does the ATF freak out if you send in multiple SBR forms at the same time? Are they less likely to approve under these circumstances? The Lawyer who did my trust (Texas Law Shield) told me that this wasn't an issue, that they had someone do 25 NFA items at the same time but I'd like to know of someone else experience with this sort of thing since I'm new to the Trust world and I don't know if they're just telling me that because they have an interest in my having a trust created through them. (They could have been referring to a class III dealer for all I know)

Thanks for you input.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

so fill me in...

didnt that just pass to where your LEO has to sign it unless he can prove your not legit?

thats how it is where i live.... our old sherriff wouldnt sign for anything. we voted him out & voted in one who would.. then that law went thru. either way we got a good LEO now.

you should check into this.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

YES, i work for TEC Tactical.. 07/02 SOT

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf View Post
    so fill me in...

didnt that just pass to where your LEO has to sign it unless he can prove your not legit?

thats how it is where i live.... our old sherriff wouldnt sign for anything. we voted him out & voted in one who would.. then that law went thru. either way we got a good LEO now.

you should check into this.
    At present, the ATF has pushed back the CLEO signoff requirement for trusts at least twice. Some think they'll do it again. Next time it might go through is somewhere in Dec. of this year. Thats why I'm in a rush.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.