Thread: best inverter

Feedback Score

Default best inverter

I happen to own a 12 volt electric fork truck with a HUGE battery.

I also have two freezers full of meat etc. Running a generator constantly uses too much fuel. So, I'm looking for an inverter suitable to the task.

Is this a good choice?
    5000 Watt Power Inverter 12 volt DC by AIMS

Better one out there? I'm FAR more concerned with quality than price. if this breaks down when spare parts aren't around - FUBAR

Karl

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've been doing some investigating of solar systems lately and it seems inverters are always a big question. And are to me too. Myself I don't know diddly squat about them, but from what I've read ,,a shine wave type is the best to get. I didn't happen to notice any spec for amperage's on that one you showed. It sounds like you're using some high draw stuff, so no doubt you'll need a commercial type, capable of handling high amperage draws by the sounds. But like I said I don't know shit about them!! But I do know about electrical systems and amperage draw is a big concern, and it sounds like start up amperage on the equipment you are using will be pretty high. Something to keep in mind. And don't be scared to go up a gauge or two on the wiring, cheap insurance against overheating and fires,,,plus efficiency.

I'd go to one of the web sites or a local solar distributor for more info. or to someone that does instals on this type stuff, they'll know. It sure could save you some aggravation of not getting the right stuff,,,,,or worse yet,,,,,,an electrical fire !!!!
    NOT GOOD!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

THERE BACK,,,,,DOUBLES AGAIN!!

Feedback Score

Doubles? Did they ever go away?

Feedback Score

I want to thank Gunco for reminding me of the need for an inverter

I scored this on ebay
    Mobile Power Inverter 2500 5000 Watt 12 Volt DC to 115 Volt AC | eBay

for $100.

Just put a fork truck battery plug on it and tested it hooked up to the elcetric fork truck. It runs one freezer just fine.

I'll continue to watch ebay for a second one.

Karl

P.S. I decided to buy two smaller ones. Better reliabilty, two have break before you got nothing.
    Last edited by Karl_T; 05-19-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.