Thread: GE Capital Cuts Gun Shop Purchase Loans

jrs
    Feedback Score

Default GE Capital Cuts Gun Shop Purchase Loans

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/25/bu...s&emc=rss&_r=0

By STEVE LOHR
    Published: April 24, 2013

GE Capital, General Electric’s lending arm, recently stopped offering consumer financing programs to retailers whose main business is selling guns, in response to the “industry changes, new legislation and tragic events.”

The move, said a GE Capital spokesman, expanded on a policy established in 2008. That year, GE Capital stopped offering new consumer financing for purchases of guns from gun shops, but existing relationships with gun shops were grandfathered in and those programs continued.

Fewer than 75 retailers are affected by the recent policy change, a fraction of 1 percent of gun retailers in the United States, said the spokesman, Russell Wilkerson. The terminated financing programs, as a business, were “immaterial” to the company, he said.

The lending cutoff applies only to retailers whose primary business is selling guns, Mr. Wilkerson said. GE Capital is still offering financing to other retailers who sell many different kinds of merchandise, including guns. Those retailers range from Walmart to sporting goods chains.

The change in GE Capital’s lending policy to the gun stores was first reported on Wednesday by The Wall Street Journal.

The move by GE Capital comes in the aftermath of the school shooting in Newtown, Conn. General Electric, the giant industrial and finance company, is headquartered in Fairfield, Conn., and some employees have children in the Sandy Hook elementary school, where the tragedy occurred. Adam Lanza, the Sandy Hook gunman, was the son of Peter Lanza, an executive at General Electric.
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Fuc& them
    Gunco Member 2241
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

f%ck GE!

their owned by CHINA, managed by china and all GE does these day is put china made products in fancy boxes with labels that read made in china in VERY small print.

it is ironic that GE makes lots of cannons and aircraft guns that have killed millions of people in the last 40 years.

but their afraid you might buy a firearm?--chicken shit a-holes!

Feedback Score

Fuckem and place thme on the boycott list with the rest of the anti gun bussiness's. do we even have a catigory for boycotted companies? that we can add to as they come to
    light this way we can just check the bussiness against the list, I believe this should be done with all politicans in a seperate catigory and lable it Do not elect or re-elect to public office the following political canidates and state a valid reasons by going thru thier voting recordson bill before the house etc, and then send a copy to each Party of both republicans and democrats, Ill bet once they see that people are not going to ree;ect them they will back off and try and change everyone mind, But never the less no-matter what they say keep them out of office because we know they are going to lie
    just to keep thier job, Hell if we make the List and do It right Ill even take the fall and send it to both the republicans and the dumofucks besides I have a very big axe to grind with the democratic party anyway which I will be more than happy to share whith anyone who wants to know, and this is a ligitmate beef, and what this whole thign dose is Cost us more money not only in taxes, but also in Medicare Priemeums, aswell as other insurance, and basically what it boils down to is that no matter what we say these people are going to do what they want to do and what this involves is actually a criminal matter and it is costing us money and the Senate and Congress are looking the other way! But its alright for them to infringe upon our rights as granted to us in the United States Constituation which shall not be infringed upon! Even though I am on the permantially injuried disabled list Iwe often wonder what our purpose is here on this big blue marble I think I have finally found mine to help the fight for our rights and weed out of office the ones whom are only there to get rich upon the backs of the taxpayers the poor and the underprivledged.,.,,,Doc

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.