Thread: I wish I had an M1A!

Feedback Score

Default I wish I had an M1A!

Down through the years I have accumulated a number of firearms. But, somehow the one I wanted most has always eluded me. That gun is the M1A/M14. I think that, if I was told I could only have ONE gun, I would want an M1A. So, why don't I have one?
    Well, it's mostly because of the cost. I mean, when you could buy brand new SKSs for less than $100, you don't think of spending $1,000 or more for a gun! When AK47s were a lot lower price than they are now, that's what you got. When you could buy a Mini-14 for $200-$300, it seemed like a better deal. I never have been rich. I could have saved up the money for an M1A, but it was exciting to obtain all the others, so I did. I feel that I am well prepared for an uncertain future, but, if the money ever comes my way, I would like to give a good home to an M1A.

Feedback Score

I must admit, my M1A is one of my favorite rifles to shoot.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I have owned quite a number of M1A rifles. Mostly Springfield’s, but a number of Norinco and a Fulton Armory as well.

The Springfield's just work. I don't care what the rags say. They are just solid rifles. The one I own today is a great 600-800 meter weapon, with iron sights. It is just a standard model, no real ups or extras.

The Norinco rifles were not well put together right from the factory. Headspace issues, timing issues, and just ugly as sin. The first one nearly cured me. But I stuck with it, and a Retired Marine Gunny worked his magic on it, layed his hands upon it, and it was cured. I bought 10 more in fast order, because I could, and they only cost $375 at the time. I paid him another $100 and he healed them in true Marine Corps fashion. At that time, a Springfield M1A cost $690. I wish now I had kept all of them.

My bottom line:

I can engage at ranges out to 800 meters. I can fire up to 40 rounds accurately. I can displace, and re-engage all day long.

The rifle is just a natural shooter. You shoulder it, and it fits. You shoot it and it drops right back into the box, and you shoot it some more.

There is only one thing that these rifles can not tolerate: Shitty Mags. I have 16 for sale if anyone wants to buy them. They work with up to 10 rounds in the mag, but they are range mags only. Make me an offer.

Dario: Save up your pennies and buy one. Buy 7-15 mags (CMI Please), and accumulate some ammo. An M1A is the only rifle you will ever need.

Regards,
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score

Thank you, bellson. I have wanted one for a long time. But, one thing that makes me move slowly is: will ammo once again be available for it at fair prices? A year ago you could buy ammo fairly reasonably for the 308/7.62. There were a number of businesses advertising 308 in the Shotgun News. However, since the Newport shootings nobody seems to have it. I went to a gun show a month or so ago and there was none! But, I do have plenty for the tools I already own. So, I don't know what I will do about obtaining an M1A at this time.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Sell a few of the other guns and use the money to buy an M1A, problem solved, yukedy, yuk!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

I like the MIA or M14. They are very good weapons. But my heart belonge to the FN FAL.
    Your in my Mind, and in my Sights

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i wish i had bought some of those beretta made clones and some of the real ones back before things got crazy.

i did manage to get a few milled AK types , should have grabbed a few mor of them too --and some FN_FALs--LOL!

hindsight is all ways 20-20!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

We can hope that the Korean M1 rifles will be reimported back into the US. I haven't checked lately on the progress of the Lummis's bill.

http://trib.com/news/local/govt-and-...35b4e1187.html
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.